Friday, January 27, 2023

So What Have We Been Celebrating?

There have been little documented celebrations here and there the past week.  I know I jumped in with Popcorn Day last but there was a day before that that I didn't mention...

January 18 - Winnie the Pooh Day
When I ordered some stamps from Unity before the holidays, there were a bunch of promotions going on and I received this Winnie the Pooh stamp as one of them so I thought I'd give it a go.  Strange to make a Christmas card at this time of year without it being for a Jingle Belle challenge, but the more I make when I have the time saves me the headache of not having enough when I need them in December.  I used my Copic Ciao alcohol markers to color this.


January 19 - Popcorn Day
I mentioned in a previous post how we celebrated Popcorn Day so I won't repeat.

January 20 - Penguin Awareness Day
I did just recently get a penguin die that I thought I would get to use for a card but after die cutting it, I have to figure out how to get the colors in the places that I need them to be.  Sorry, no picture yet, but I'll come back to it soon.

January 21 - Squirrel Appreciation Day
This sounds counter celebratory but I just had to send a reminder of the day to our SIL in DE as he dislikes squirrels even though they've been a source of entertainment for our grandson as a toddler.  I did also just recently go through some cards in my stash and I still have this one which I may finally put to use this year.


January 22 - Chinese New Year
We got Chinese food for lunch and extra fortune cookies.  I had intended to make a card with a rabbit motif but didn't get to it.

January 23 - Handwriting Day
I know I've mentioned before that I collect words and quotations, but I don't think I've shared that I add them to a book in somewhat decorative ways.  Usually it involves using different colors and different writing styles.  It is a purposeful thing that needs concentration - a little more so on the hand movements as I've aged.  Here's a page of the current book I'm using which I committed to using even though I don't like the weight of the paper or the pre-printed design on the pages.  I don't mind the lines - they are helpful, but the paper weight and design hinders me from using certain products or embellishments.  Some people call these Smash Books or Junk Journals.  


January 24 - Peanut Butter Day
I've been trying not to focus on food related holidays but sometimes there's not a better or easier choice so yesterday I asked HWNSNBP to pick up a Reese's Peanut Butter cup on his daily trip to Quick Check.  They used to have the little PB cups you could buy singly near the register and I'm not sure that they don't still but he, being overly generous as is his tendency, came home with the King Size big cup package.  


See those little elves - we went to the Container Store last week to pick up a large storage container for all the outdoor planter holiday decorations that HWNSNBP has accumulated.  I'm glad I went with him because he was looking at a clear container but I found the same one with a red lid in the Christmas clearance aisle for 1/2 the price.  Then I noticed the end cap with some holiday things that were marked down 90% and I couldn't resist these little elf ornaments for 49 cents each.  Win Win.

2 comments:

  1. Penguin Awareness Day - who knew!! For me, Peanut Butter Day is pretty much every day.
    Those wee elves are very cute and I understand why they would have to come home with you.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.