Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Jingle Belles - Christmas Bells, Those Christmas Bells

As you can probably tell by the title of this Jingle Belles fortnight challenge involves BELLS.  I have to say that I got sidetracked by the familiarity of that title.  I thought it reminded me of the lyrics of a song that was popular back in the late 60's and I was right.  Raise your hand if you remember "Snoopy's Christmas" by The Royal Guardsmen.  You also might remember it was re-released in the mid 90's.  In any case I can vividly remember being in the car with my brothers and sisters and singing along to that song on the radio.  But I digress - let me get to my card.

I had this beautiful candle-filled bell die from Tutti Designs that had yet to be used.  I cut it from white cardstock and then used glimmer paint, perfect pearls, and glitter gel pens to color it.  I still have a good number of these gold metallic card blanks and used one to emboss the jewelled design on adding that to the blank card base.  I wanted the bell to be a little more prominent so rather than position it directly onto the embossed panel, I used another panel of gold glitter paper.


It's always a challenge to photograph shiny elements but trust me, it looks pretty classy.


And speaking of classy - today's "Holiday" is Classy Day, created to honor Betty White on what would have been her birthday, January 17th.  

I found a couple of other bells in my stash that look ap"peal"ing enough to me to perhaps make another before the end of the challenge.  We shall see.  But in the meantime, here is the link to check out all the other entries - I bet there are some real hum"dingers".

5 comments:

  1. love those puns ... and all of that golden shimmer and sparkle ... so glad you Rang your Bells with the Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to love 'Snoopy's Christmas' (still do). Rarely, if ever, hear it anymore but every once in awhile it pops up on the radio.
    Classy Day to honour Betty White - how lovely. Would have thought a 'day' for her would involve animals though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful texture and dimension. I like the candle in the bell.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahahahaha you may be the only Jingle Belle who is as punny as me lol!!!!! (I'll let YOU decide if that is a good thing or not!) :) :) :) Holy WOW this has more gold than I've ever seen together on one card but you're right it's entirely classy and the variety of shades and textures makes it even cooler. So happy you've helped us celebrate "Those Christmas Bells" at Jingle Belles!

    (ps: YES, every time I see our title I think of the Snoopy/Red Baron xmas song, which is a great song, but after two weeks I'm ready to change earworms now lol!)

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.