Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Happy BIrthday Chickadee

Yes, two posts today because it is our daughter's birthday.  Our little chickadee enters a new decade and we wish her health and happiness today and forever.  This will be an eventful year for her as she will become a mother again in June and will finally get the wedding celebration in August that she and her husband did not get when they were married in 2020.  So I had to make this special card that is a diecut that you stitch on to add your color choices.  I went for a range of dark pinks with a touch of green using various thread counts of embroidery floss. The size of the holes kind of dictated the number of threads/plys to use.





I did a little thread weaving around that center motif to give it a little more dimension.  This project was easy and fun to do except for threading the needle.  I was using a beading needle with the single ply because of the size of the holes and used a needle threader but had to be very careful not to destroy the needle threader as I was pulling in through with the thread.  I did use a thicker cardstock for the die cut so it wouldn't be too delicate to work with.  I'm looking forward to trying other color combinations.

4 comments:

  1. sweet card Happy Birthday to your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, amazing work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those stitching dies look like great fun, if time-consuming. Ha, I've broken a few needle threaders in my time. The card is a beautiful start to wear I hope will be a great year for her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like fun to do but I would have to buy a bunch of needle threaders because I generally destroy them with a single use.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.