Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Jingle Belles - Thank You Santa Once Again

I'm squeaking another card in for the Jingle Belles challenge this fortnight.  This one was inspired by a card I saw online on the Spellbinders web page for this cute set called Dancin' Gnomes Etched Dies.  I collected a bunch of cardstock scraps in a rainbow of colors and started cutting out the pieces.  I did remember to use my large roll of sticky tape on those cardstock scraps first so that each piece I die cut became a sticker.  That sure did make it easier than having to glue each individual piece, but I still had to use my trusty tweezers to help with that job.

This card is huge though.  After I got all those pieces die cut and laid out I couldn't bring myself to chopping off the bottoms of the gnomes and had to alter the design to fit on a 6" square.  Luckily I still have a few sheets of 11" x 14" bristol board paper that I was able to use for the card base cutting it down to be a 7" x 7" square.  Crazy, right!


I didn't want them all dressed in one color so I did a little bit of alteration of their color combos which makes for a very colorful and non-traditional Christmas card.  But I love, love, love the way it came out.  (HWNSNBP - who is colorblind - just gave it a wow too.)


The sentiments are also from Spellbinders' Mini Christmas Greetings that has 21 to choose from and also includes a die that will allow them to be perfectly framed.

I've got some extra gnomes cut out in colors that I didn't use on this card, so you will be seeing some more of them.  I seem to have embraced the gnome trend and I'm probably teetering on the precipice of being overboard as I have some other new gnome themed goodies to play with.  There are different kinds of gnomes - as HWNSNBP will tell you he's learned since I had him pick up a lighted Christmas gnome for me before the holidays.  I prefer the Scandinavian type gnomes where you don't see their eyes.  There are also forest gnomes.  And some will say that they have a specific way to dress/uniform, so my gnomes on this card above would be considered quite unorthodox.  You can find more info on gnomes here.

Okay, let me be off to post this over at the Jingle Belles before I really do miss the deadline!

5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, this is sooooo fricking cuuuuute! Also clever, artfully color-coordinated and so pristinely put together. WOW! Everything a gal could want in one (BIG! but there's nuthin wrong with that lol!) card! So happy to have this in our Jingle Belles gallery! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just wonderful. You were so right not to trim the gnomes down. Our LIDL (like Aldi) occasionally sells pads of card which is a nice weight for bases and mostly nice colours ( I use the not nice ones to laminate for stamp storage) and I always stock up on a couple in case I want anything from 6x6 up. Yay for having the Bristol board.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are definitely happy-looking fellows!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Embracing the gnome is a good thing ... so glad you joined us again for our *What did Santa bring you?* prompt at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.