Monday, January 16, 2023

Window Visitor


This little bluebird (I think it's a female) has been tap, tap, tapping on the window behind where I sit when I'm eating and working on my laptop pretty much every day recently.  She did this last spring/summer also.  Saturday, HWNSNBP woke me to tell me that she found him while he was shaving which is in the bathroom upstairs on the opposite side of the house.  He heard a tapping sound and it took him a while until he saw her fluttering at the window to know it was her.  I usually wave to her, moving my fingers like they move their wings when talking to one another and she seems to be satisfied with that.  The bird feeders are full - seed, suet cake, and dried worm - and the heated bird bath is full and not frozen so I don't think she's asking for anything other than to let us know she's there.



 January 15 - Bagel Day/Hat Day
We opted not to get bagels today on Bagel Day only because we've been trying to use up the package of English muffins that we started.  I found a jar of cherry jam in the cupboard that was nearing expiration and adding that to a dollop of cream cheese on the muffins is a nice breakfast treat.  So, instead of celebrating Hat Day with a hat for my head, I stretched it a bit and recently purchased a "hat for my hand" and it was delivered today.  What is that, you say?  Well, my hand gets really cold using my wireless mouse when I'm on my laptop and I was thinking it would be a great idea to have a heated mouse which I found out actually does exist.  However, I decided to go with a mouse handwarmer pouch that hooks right up to a USB port on my laptop.  It's about 12" square and has a gray fleece top and I just stick my mouse in there (with a mouse pad) and it heats from above.  Of course, this doesn't work when typing, just when I'm scrolling with the mouse (or playing a game).  I wish I would have had this when I was still working.  I had a pair of gloves that had the fingertips free that I would put on when my hands got cold and that helped a bit.  Don't know where they disappeared to.  

3 comments:

  1. What a delight at your window! And here's to warm hands!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can get behind bagel day - but English muffins are okay too.
    And I learned something - who knew there was such a thing as a mouse heater. I'd love that if only from the aspect of keeping my arthritic hands warm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, at first I thought wow, a European robin. And then I looked closer and could see the blue, and that the markings on the head were different. That looks promising for another nest and baby blues this year, I hope.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.