Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Jingle Belles - Just a Little Bell

We're on the last day of the Jingle Belle bell challenge and I did have other, slightly bigger bells to choose from but I was coloring this image and realized that the gnome riding the bear had a jingle bell on his hat.  He is carrying the pouch and delivering Christmas mail to all the other gnomes who are anxiously waiting to see all the beautiful handmade cards that they will be receiving from their friends and family, so of course he needs a bell to let them know he's coming.  


I used a combination of General's Watercolor Pencils and Inktense pencils to color this.  I must admit that I am really liking how versatile the kraft cardstock is for coloring with different media.  This is 110 lb. kraft cardstock and has some tooth to it.  The stamp I used is Katzelkrafts The Bear and The Gnome and the sentiment came from a PolkaDoodles set called Christmas Fishes (which also has gnomes that I haven't inked up yet).  Can you see his little silver bell at the end of his cap? I hope so.  It is shinier IRL.


I knew I'd be coloring during football on the weekend so I made two.  


Now I'm off to chime in with my comments on the Jingle Belle blog.  You can visit by clicking here.

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful colouring of that image. I agree, Kraft is great to colour on, alright I find the SU one a bit too smooth. Like you I have a toothy one :-).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the brown-ish background because it adds a feeling of being in the woods. Well done with your coloring too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your coloring is stunning ... so very glad you shared your Christmas Bell with the Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.