Sunday, January 15, 2023

Last Christmas Round-Up - Hopefully

On my windowsill I have added this little Christmas tree pig that I found at the Swede Shop in Cape May on our last visit there.  (I'm saving some other pigs for show and tell in March.)


This is our "bird tree" - the pencil thin tree we got last year to hold all the bird-related ornaments.


This little tree sits on the corner of our kitchen island and is full of the felt ornaments I've collected over the years from that same Swede Shop mentioned above.  I keep a picture of the ornaments on my phone so I don't duplicate any, but that hasn't always been the case.  It's getting a little crowded.


This little tree was an addition this year and is made from $Tree supplies.  The tree itself is actually two of their trees fastened together with zip ties.  The base consists of an empty ribbon roll inside the buffalo plaid pencil holder.  I have used a set of battery operated red truck and tree lights on it.  The topper is a counted cross-stitch framed monogram originally purchased for a Halloween craft but worked out better here. 


There are truck and tree ornaments the $Tree had ready made.  The other ornaments I made from the $Tree Jenga blocks by first painting them with black acrylic paint, then stamping them with a small snowflake stamp in white acrylic paint.  On some of them I wrote a holiday word with a paint pen.  On all of them I added a buffalo plain bow and hung them with a length of jute string.  We figured it cost about $12 to make and I'm really pleased with it.  



1 comment:

  1. You have a wonderful collection of trees (and put me to shame because we didn't bother putting one up!).

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.