Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Happy Flying Pig Day 2022

I have used "dream" as the sentiment for this year's Flying Pig Day card.   Over these last few years, and particularly now at this time when the world finally seams to be headed towards healing from the sickness that has plagued us, we now have another kind of world-wide catastrophe to deal with.  Our dreams include that of peace.  


Later this month I planned to participate in International Art & Found Day (3/12) - a day when artists from around the world will leave works of art randomly in their communities for others to find.  I was planning on painting some small canvasses with my flying pigs and as per the instructions, leave them safely wrapped with a note and the appropriate hashtag.  So today I did manage to do a couple of pigs.


But I was also inspired to paint some sunflowers on a blue background.  I have seen many posts from people using the colors of the flag and national flower of Ukraine in their artwork as a show of support so I directed my attention to these that are almost done. They're just awaiting some pen work and sealing and then I will prepare them for abandonment in the hope that someone will find it and take the time to post to the hashtag that it has been found.  I'll follow up with the finished products in a future post.


I did have another pig project today that I thought I would get done but didn't.  HWNSNBP found a pattern a while ago for a flying pig whirlygig which he did cut out of wood for me.  It got set aside for one reason or another and was recently refound when he was "cleaning" out the basement.  I know when it's done it will be a nice addition to the backyard.  If you remember, he made a shark whirlygig for GS1 a few years ago (click here for picture).  It should be ready for flying soon!

11 comments:

  1. Happy Flying Pig Day! Sorry I did not get a card made this year. Your flying pig cad and the sunflowers are beautiful! It will be fun to see how many people contact you saying they have found one of your sunflower paintings!
    Enjoy your day!
    Sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sunshine! I hope someone does, but more importantly that they find a home.

      Delete
  2. Flying Pig day - who knew!
    As for leaving bits of art in unexpected places, there's also the 'I Found A Heart' initiative (you can google to find out more).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, yes, I've got that bookmarked also for the future.

      Delete
  3. Love the flowers. I'm beginning to think our world will be normal when pigs fly. Someone will be lucky to get either of your finds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What is normal anymore? It's definitely a moving target.

      Delete
  4. Your flying pig card is so sweet - I like the scrolling clouds which are like the designs on Neolithic stones here.
    Looking forward to seeing the whirling pig when he's ready

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Hopefully she'll be taking off before the end of the month.

      Delete
  5. Lovely art Lorraine. These are very scary times particularly for the Ukraine and the surrounding countries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine. I can't even imagine how it would be to be in the middle of it there.

      Delete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.