Thursday, March 31, 2022

Jingle Belles - We Wish You a Plaid Christmas

Got plaid?  That's what the Jingle Belles want to know this week.  I've got plaid stencils which I used a couple of weeks ago, but I also have a small package of plaid paper from Stampin' Up that gave me a lot of ready made choices.  Ah, but what to add to plaid?

Well, all I had to do was take a look at my craft table and through my scrap bags to find some stuff that was in the ready for use.  Like these houses and the stamped and colored berry background.  I also picked some loose leftover greenery and combined that with a die cut poinsettia and snowflake to make a swag.  I added some faux stitching around the berry panel so it stood out from the background a little more.


You know that I save pretty packaging and this card has evidence of that in the chipmunk on the pine branch which came from the wrapper of a specialty Christmas candy bar (that was very tasty by the way.... it was chocolate peanut butter).  I thought he was so cute in his winter hat.  I fussy cut him off the label and found the birch tree and sentiment in the scrap bag.  


Our chipmunk has come out from hiding and has been seen scurrying around the backyard.




There's a woman in Atlanta who goes by @englishanj on IG who has been posting videos and stills of her little chipmunk friend she's named Thelonius since almost the beginning of the pandemic.  As the story goes, her father or uncle sent her this little picnic table and she decided to set it up for the chipmunk.  Each time she posts there are miniature plates, cups, bowls, and whatnot to accompany the treats that she leaves for him to enjoy such as nuts, seeds, and some fruit.  Surprisingly to me, apparently in Atlanta chipmunks don't disappear during the winter like they do here because she has posted year-round.  He will even eat out of her hand now, and there was a time not too long ago when it appeared that he had been in some kind of animal altercation and had some wounds on his face.  But he has healed well.  Recently I read that the lifespan of a chipmunk is about 3 years so I wonder how much longer Thelonius will be around.  It's fun to see his daily antics.

Okay, enough about chipmunks.  Time to head over to the Jingle Belles blog to leave some love for all the other plaid entries.  You can check it all out by clicking here.

6 comments:

  1. I love the Chipmunk Christmas card, it is so cute! And LOVE the photos of the real Chipmunks!! Too cute for sure! OMG they are just sooo adorable! I was lucky enough to see many Squirrels on my wo trips to L.A and Illinois, and I fell in love with them. Your photos of them are awesome!
    Sunshine,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice plaid pieces! Cute chipmunk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the plaids are the perfect home for all of those fun little elements ... so very glad you went Mad for Plaid with us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The chpimunk and his foliage look good with the plaid. I like the upright birch element, too.
    And oh my, the real one! I know they are pests, but what sweet little pests. I'm glad I know how small they are - I had always thought they were larger till we saw some in a pet shop in Paris. The cage was labelled "squirrels", but they were unmistakably chipmunks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved seeing the chipmunk! Reminded me of my Dad who, when he lived with us towards the end of his life, would spend hours sitting outside with chipmunks climbing all over him in quest of the peanuts he always had for them. Kept us poor buying peanuts but the joy he had in those little creatures was boundless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have a chippy friend too, who hangs out under the birdfeeder next to our deck. I've never gotten such GREAT pics of him tho! (I've also seen Thelonious' adventures, tho not in a bit, so thank you for reminding me!) Meanwhile, you may already have guessed that the chipmunk card is my fave (it's hard to be a fab plaid AND a chippy in a hat!) but i also love the first card, which is composed in a very Laureny way... by combining lots of little leftover bits most impressively! But then I truly don't think you've EVER made a Jingle Belles card that I didn't love... so there! ♥

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.