Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Congratulatory Get Well

A male friend of ours recently underwent knee replacement surgery.  We wanted to send a card but I didn't really have anything masculinely appropriate for this particular guy.  So I went a different direction than a typical "get well/get better" card.  This is a card congratulating him on his new knee.  I used my long forgotten Just Right stamper that allows me to make my own messages.  


Inside was a little note telling him to take it kneesy and to let us know if he kneeds anything.


I took some of the scraps that were by my papercutter and put this card together.  There's no sentiment on it yet - we'll see what it can be used for in the future.  But I figured why just put the scraps in the scrap box?


We finally have some signs of spring in the yard.  These crocuses decided to pop up yesterday.


And last night's sunset was pretty intense through the trees.

3 comments:

  1. A very clever card. I kneed to keep your quotes in mind since I'm in the age group of knee replacement friends. I've been there done that too.
    Yes, a gasping sunset.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the signs of spring and such a cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your thinking Lorraine - why not congrats on the new knee?! I'm sure that slant on things will get your friend better in no time! Love the papers you've put together there. Crocuses are very special flowers aren't they. Love your photo of them and that wonderful sunset. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.