Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Jingle Belles - Holiday Melody

Our goal this fortnight was to convey music somehow on our Jingle Belle cards.  I found a piece of sheet music in a packet of Christmas ephemera I had won last year and trimmed it down to use as a background for the nativity scene that I had clipped from a Christmas card we received.  It was so pretty with the stained glass effect and reminded me of the Christmas carol "Away in a Manger".   I added a slice of a vintage Christmas doily from my stash and felt it still needed something.  So I pulled out some Martha Stewart gem flowers that were just waiting to be used.  I wish I had a third one, but this will do.


I should note that this looks a lot better IRL when you can see the effect of the red jewels and silver frame.  HWNSNBP is waiting on me to take a picture of him and his buddies who are just finishing up working on a woodworking project so I must go.  But I will be back to check out the other Christmas Melody entries (I took a peak and I think I saw a shark there......that sure has piqued my interest!).  You can check them out too at the Jingle Belles blog by clicking here.

7 comments:

  1. ooooh... this is clever and beautiful and wins points for upcycling items as well as combining very cool elements to make something even better than the sum of its parts! love, love, love! so pleased you're singing along with our xmas song at JINGLE BELLES!

    ps: the shark card is BEYOND cool... i kinda want every product she used on that... ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. (small tangential downside to the shark card: i have that diabolical "baby shark dadadadadada" song stuck in my head for all eternity now. might need you to humanely concuss me if it doesn't end soon...kthx...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just so pretty Lorraine! I love how all the layers look as if they were meant to be together. Also kudos to you for recycling that image from last Christmas! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you just love it when things come together to make a beautiful project like this one?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always a win to resume some of the nicer commercial cards. The red gem flowers look super with that festive doily.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you turned all of those wonderful elements into this beautiful cohesive design ... so very glad you joined our musical celebration at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.