Sunday, March 13, 2022

Art and Found Day

I saw this event - Art and Found Day - posted somewhere about a month ago and decided to use some of the small canvasses that I had prepped to make some art to be found.  The canvasses had already been gessoed and the next step was the "chaos" layer.  Basically swiping paint on them to cover the white.  Originally I had used mostly pinks, reds, and orange for a potential Valentines project, but in light of the recent events of the world, I decided to have some of them with the Ukraine colors so I could paint some sunflowers.  Here's the results.


I had shown the sunflowers before but I added some white splatter and gold dotting to them (which you can see if you enbiggan the picture).  I signed and dated the back and sprayed them with a fixative.  Friday night I packaged them in padded envelopes with a note on the front and then put them in zip lock bags because of the impending bad weather.  Well, my intentions were to disperse them yesterday (3/12) but the weather conditions were not only wet but considerably windy and I didn't want to take the chance of them becoming litter by being blown about.


Today HWNSNBP drove me around our town to distribute them for finding.  Five of the originals shown were left to be found.  I saved 3 of them for RAK's I will be using in the future.






I consider our town to be semi-rural so finding public places took a little thought.  We thought that tieing them to benches with jute would be a little more secure if the wind picked up - and the jute is biodegradable if it's left at the scene.  Hopefully, if and when they're found, the finder(s) will contact me through my IG account address that I provided.  If not, oh well, it made me feel good to do it.

By the way, reading the info about Art and Found Day any type of artwork can be left, not just paintings.  I know I would be elated to find some free art of any kind.

3 comments:

  1. Let us know if you are contacted, what fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you do hear back about at least a couple of them. But I'm sure the process was the main enjoyment.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.