Thursday, March 10, 2022

March Birthday

Today was HWNSNBP's birthday and I got to use this Elvis stamp that I had in my stash.  The stamp itself is just one positive and one negative image with about 1/4 inch between them, but I chose to stamp them twice, use black embossing powder, and then cut the squares out individually to put them back together this way.  


We took a ride late this morning to a lumber yard that had some specialty wood (cedar) that he was looking for to complete a raised bed planter for our daughter and SIL.  He drove the truck right into the storage building where all the wood was stacked and labeled and I have to admit it smelled wonderful.  The stacked boards reminded me of the paper I used on his card so I had to take a picture.



And here's the puzzle that I finished the other day.  There is no background to this puzzle, it's just the hummingbird and the lillies.  When I was Christmas shopping I was getting this for my DIL and thought I would like to try it too.  Now that it's done I think that I will have HWNSNBP put the puzzle table away for now so I can have the other half of the dining room table cleared for my sewing machine.  I have a few spring sewing projects I want to get busy with.

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your hubby and that is a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Elvis card - it has a sort of Andy Warhol vibe to it! I love that puzzle - no way I wouldn't be framing it! I love jigsaw puzzles I have done since I was a young child. These days the only puzzles I ever have space on the table for are my cards LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a friend who would LOVE those Elvis stamps!! What a cool way to use them, and you're right the wood stacks are very much like your background papers! Cool puzzle too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see why the lumber reminded you of the paper on the card - and I bet it smelled great, too.
    Beautiful puzzle. Those irregular edges aren't always easy! Have fun with your sewing projects.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.