Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Jingle Belles - Oh Christmas Stencil

I'd been thinking about this for the last almost two weeks wondering what I would do for this stencil challenge the Jingle Belles threw out there this time.  Nothing was coming to me.  I knew that I could probably make my own with punches as our lovely hostess Lauren did with her first card.   But before I got around to it I remembered the Tartan Plaid stencils that I have from The Greetery.  And then, while I was pulling those out, I also came across the Winterberry Bouquet stamp and stencil set that I had treated myself to for Christmas but hadn't used yet.  So the plan was hatched.

The first two cards were made using the Winterberry stencils and stamps.  The sentiment dies are also from The Greetery.



I did do one with the Tartan Plaid builder and some of the other stamps from the Winterberry set.  I wasn't too thrilled with how the colors of the plaid came out.  I used distress oxides in the same colors that I used on the flowers, leaves, and stems, and I found I don't care for the way the Speckled Egg on the red gives it a lavender hue but I didn't want to waste it.  That's also the reason why I didn't do two of them.  I will have to experiment with some other colors in the future.  The floral pieces on this card were fussy cut because I neglected to treat myself to the dies that go with them.  I don't mind fussy cutting most of the time which is probably why I opted not to get the dies.  The bow is also a die from The Greetery.


Oh jeez, I just checked the card to see why the doily was lifted up and apparently there were two stuck together and I didn't realize it when I glued it on, so I will have to make sure to glue that top one down also.  Yikes!  That would have been a bit of a disaster if it fell off after sending.  

Okay, time to check out the rest of the stenciled beauties over at the Jingle Belles blog.  You can check them out too by clicking here.  Thankfully I won't be missing the deadline by 30 seconds like I did last time.

4 comments:

  1. It could be a happy accident giving the card more depth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh WOW, i'm certainly glad that i don't have to pick a favorite between the winterberries and the tartan bc they are both soooooo gorgeous! (kinda think i need to investigate the greetery, i keep seeing such amazing designs from them.) very very impressed with these, especially when you say it took a while to find your groove this time. (one would NEVER guess from the results!) i love the perfect simplicity and elegance of the stenciled dove such a beautiful entry for our stencil challenge at JINGLE BELLES!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing what you can come up with using your tools.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely colour palette. It's hard to believe that plaid is stencilled - from here it looks like paper. The bow is amazing, and looks super on the doily.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.