Sunday, February 27, 2022

From Bunnies to Pizza

So, back before Christmas I purchased two of these microfiber mop clothes at The Dollar Tree to use as a beard for a gnome project.  I didn't quite like the way it turned out and wound up ordering some white fur for that but never refinished it to post... maybe for next Christmas.  In the meantime, I got another idea to use the one that hadn't been sacrificed already.  


I turned it over and made a slit down about 3 inches on one side and then took my hot glue gun and glued those together so you can see the fluff on both sides.


Then I took a short length of cotton string and tied it around the base of those two that are now ears.


I took another length of string and tied that completely around the cloth about 1 1/2" from the last tie to make the head and body.



And then I kept it simple by tying a layered bow around the neck and adding a flower-shaped button.  I decided for now not to add a face, but two button eyes and a pink pom pom nose with some whiskers might be in the future.  It is flat on the back for now, but I'm thinking I can glue the other saved 1/2 to the back on the bottom and weight and stuff it to stand up on it's own.  It's soooooo soft.


I did see a bunny out on the driveway the other night before I went to bed.  I usually turn that light on to check the back yard and there it was.  I think it was going to have a drink in the birdbath but I frightened it away.  

We had a coating of ice the other day and I stopped at the end of the driveway to take a picture of the branch that was heavy with ice and skimmed the top of the car.


When the sun did come out, there was a brief period of time when all that ice was illuminated before it quickly melted enough to tumble to the ground.


The roads were in good shape so HWNSNBP and I decided to take a ride to the Home and Garden Show at the expo center.  I told him that I would only go if we could get there when it opened because I wanted to avoid the crowd that would come later in the evening.  We were there as some of the vendors were still setting up, but no crowd.  

I picked out a pot of pink tulips you see here next to what's left of my Valentine's flowers.


On the way home you could see the sunlight spilling from the clouds.


When we got home there was a package from HWNSNBP employer containing all the ingredients for making a pizza which we'll probably do sometime next week, because on Saturday night we had one of our annual Table 7 events - pizza night where the guys make the pizza while the women sit and catch up.  It's always a fun time full of laughs and reminiscing.  The hosts supply the dough, sauce, and cheese and we bring toppings.  HWNSNBP wanted to bring some loose cooked sausage so I fried that up before we went.  


I also made a "cookie pizza" to bring for a dessert.  I used this recipe from Sally's Baking Addiction which turned out well.  This recipe has a little cornstarch in it which gives a nice texture to the cookie.  I think I might try adding some to my regular chocolate chip recipe (the one on the bag) to see if I get the same results.  I also brought along a bottle of caramel sauce to drizzle on - yum!


Hard to believe that we're already at the end of February!

5 comments:

  1. I like Sally's baking addiction recipes. Ice scares me as opposed to snow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was like you sculpted a rabbit from the fur. Sweet.
    Nature does decorate beautifully with ice. Its just that drawn line where it becomes an ice storm that ruins our appreciation. Beautiful picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the photo of the sun illuminating the ice on the tree's!
    BTW,I have only just (this morning) realised i is Flying Pig Day...sadly I have not made a card to send to you:-( I just totally forgot. Apologies.
    Sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bunny is so cute, very clever. Love the photos of the ice in the trees.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute bunny!
    Ice is pretty, but only when I'm on the inside looking out.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.