Thursday, February 10, 2022

Blogoversary

Hard to believe that I started this 14 years ago today.  Yes.  Really.  I got a bit lost looking back through my archives.  I was surprised to see that I have made 2,190 posts and that there are 7 more unpublished.  I didn't realize I had that many unpublished and that most of those were from 2020 which I also was surprised to see had the lowest number of posts for a year.  One would have thought with the state that we were in in 2020 that there would have been more, but no.  It took a bit of time to go back and see if indeed they were complete posts that weren't published or if they were duplicates or unfinished ones.  Most of them were complete and I'm debating if I should go ahead and publish them or just keep them in my queue.  We'll see how that turns out.  But as for today.....

We decided to take a drive up to the Great Swamp Nursery today because I had seen that they had the heart-shaped hoya cactus in for Valentine's Day and I have been wanting one.  And it wanted a little friend so we got that too.


They had a nice selection of blooming plants including a lot of orchids.







And one beautiful anthurium.



On the way home I coaxed HWNSNBP into a little side trip to a place we hadn't visited yet not too far from our house - Tim Horton's.  Specifically, I wanted to try their jelly donuts because I had recently read that they were very good.  First we had to determine if they had a drive-through because we had to get back by a certain time for a meeting he had and we didn't want to have to go in.  Secondly, I had to know what flavor the jelly was (I try to stay away from strawberry because I had an allergic reaction to it in the past although I can eat fresh strawberries).  The menu board outside didn't have the choice of jelly donut on it.... creme-filled yes, but not jelly so he asked and they said they did and it was black raspberry filled.  When we asked for 2 the attendant said "2 dozen" and we quickly corrected him to 2.  And then HWNSNBP ordered a honey crueller which came out of the blue.  But I could hardly contain myself when we pulled up to the window to pay and the attendant called my husband "boss".  "That'll be $.... Boss." and I got a side-eye glance from my husband as I was trying to keep from laughing out loud.  And then he handed him the bag - "here ya go Boss"- and I couldn't keep it in any longer as we quickly pulled away.  I have to say that that conversation alone was worth the trip but I am also glad that the jelly donut was very good and maybe I'll have to send "Boss" back again sometime.


And I'll share a little project that I recently completed.


My LOVE letters are made from recycled TP tubes painted and cut in the shape of the letters L O V E.  I saw this on the Super Make It blog.  They painted the letters in solid colors but I decided to do mine in a chaos pattern of reds, pinks, magenta, orange, and white.  I'm debating whether to do any paint pen decorations on them.  I've got a small stash of TP tubes so I guess I could do another set and see which looks best.  I put these in front of my tray of orchids that I've decorated for Valentine's Day and I'll show in a future post.  

I wish I had made this post earlier in the day but I kept getting distracted.  The last distraction was that HWNSNBP couldn't find his phone and he wanted to go up to bed.  So I tried calling it to no avail as he wandered from room to room getting more and more frustrated.  He even went out to the garage - TWICE - to check the car and his workshop.  Twenty minutes and 11 calls to his phone later I found it on top of some cleaning products in the bathroom as I was getting ready to go back to the last place he had been when he picked up our dinner tonight.  We don't do big gifts for Christmas, just small stuff.  And one of the things that I got him this year was the "tiles" that you can put on your phone or keys to be able to locate them, even if your phone is turned off.   His phone is on but the volume is down so low you can't hear it and the tiles would work around that too...... if I could just get him to set them up!!!  

I know what we'll be working on tomorrow when I get home from the dentist which I'm not looking forward to.  I'm supposed to get the post for the implant that was started last spring and I know that it will not be a pleasant experience.   

5 comments:

  1. Hi Lorraine. Happy Blogiversary! I'm not surprised that there were fewer posts last year as I think a lot of us noticed that we felt less creative despite having more time - anxiety is not good for the creativity :/ Lovely to hear about your trip to the nursery and what pretty photos you took! The attendant calling your husband 'Boss' got a chuckle out of me; I would have leaned over and told the attendant he was mistaken and that I was the real boss!! How resourceful you've been making those letters out of TP rolls. They'll make a lovely valentines day display. Good luck at the dentist! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Blog-versary! I've never seen a cactus in that shape and oh, those orchids!! So beautiful and so much nicer than the ones we get in the stores here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy blogversary! Nice visit to the garden store, what a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First, by the time I am catching up and commenting, I hope the post procedure went well and you are not in much pain from I'm sure you are glad to be moving on to the next stage. What a sweet cactus - and friend. And my, yes, a very handsome anthurium.
    The doughnut looks very tasty. C is waiting for me to finish cleaning the deep fryer and put fresh oil in with doughnuts heading the queue of what to fry. He has mentioned cleaning the fryer himself but it doesn't look as if he wants the doughnuts badly enough yet.

    The Google find my phone/call my device option rings VERY loudly for several minutes even if the phone is on silent, and is a great way of finding it. (Except when camping in my brother's last year, when it fell off the cool box tucked against the hedge. I'm sure I was using the correct password to log in to my Google account on my brother's PC, but apparently I wasn't. However, it worked perfectly when I lost my phone, on silent, in the library. I rang twice with "call my device", and when I could see that it had been turned off by someone who had it, I rang from our landline and someone answered and said yes it's here. It hasn't been handed in when I asked at the desk, so I cycled home as fast as I could to use the call my device option...and then back again to retrieve it!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh the cute little heart cactus. You must be in Fl? Our places dont have those beautiful plants yet. I really miss Fl this year. Your little side trips sounds like Mr. G and me. Then I really had flashbacks of him losing his phone and keys. He'd turn his phone down so I wouldn't hear the FB videos. I did use 360 to try to keep try, but then we couldn't hear ringing if it was under the car seat!

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.