Thursday, February 24, 2022

February Color Flash and a Birthday

Though the days haven't all been that sunny recently there have been points when the color was found, like in this dollar store puzzle that I did.  I got the bug to start this later in the evening and wound up staying up much too late for HWNSNBP's liking.  But once I got going it was inevitable I wouldn't stop till I was done.


The view to my left one sunny midday illuminated the glass and beaded things scattered amongst the plant shelf.  Even the plants themselves gave in to a little translucency with the sun shining on them.


And not so colorful in itself, but on a colorful backdrop is the card I made for our son's birthday.


I found some scrapbook paper with fish on it and paired that with some map paper and the whale die cut to make a masculine card.  I thought I had taken a picture of the inside of the card where I stamped more fish in Versamark but I can't seem to find it on my phone or my computer.  It was a stamp that had both fresh and salt water fish on it.  I wasn't sure for a fact that these fish on the front were salt water, though they could be.  I'm sure he didn't know.  

Getting ready for another bout of winter overnight.  I had a couple of appointments in the morning and have managed to reschedule the earliest one so I don't have to worry about the forecasted icing.  Someone said they heard the spring peepers last night as it was almost up to 70ยบ yesterday.  I sure hope they won't freeze.  There has also been an abundance of bluebirds hanging out in the back these last couple of days.  I think they might be house shopping soon.  We'll see. HWNSNBP has to replace the nesting box up on the hill due to the wear on the roof and hinges.  I'm hoping that they will not be deterred by "newer" digs.  I remember it took several years for them to be enticed to that original box to begin with - until it looked a little aged.  Fingers crossed.

4 comments:

  1. Gosh this winter weather! Lovely card and what a great dollar store puzzle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever card. Like the peek of the map. You sound like me sometimes just bound and determined to get something done no matter what it takes. You caught the sunlight in the window at right moment.
    We got teased with 60° degrees last week and now messing around with freezing last few days. Just got my heat bill. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The whale die-cut is lovely, makes a great masculine card. What a fun looking jigsaw. They are very hard to leave, aren't they! I know I just sometimes have to say X more pieces and then I'm stopping, or I could keep going all night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - the peepers and 70 degrees one day and then an ice storm the next day. Mother Nature is certainly throwing a hissy fit everywhere.
    That puzzle must have been fun to do with all those wonderful colours.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.