Tuesday, February 28, 2023

To the End of February

Busy days with little things to celebrate at the end of the month.

February 20 - Muffin Day
I picked up a honey corn muffin mix at the $Tree and made them.  Sadly, they were not all they were hyped up to be on the package.  It was optional to add sugar to the batter and I only added a smidge instead of the recommended amount and afterwards knew I should have added it all.  HWNSNBP ate them though.  

We took a quick ride to the Great Swamp Nursery to pick up a couple of plants (see tomorrow) and on the way back we had to wait for the goose parade to cross the road.  This was the first brigade.  There were many to follow but they all got across safely.


February 21 - Paczki Day
A short trip to Tim Horton's supplied us with a couple of Jelly Donuts to mark the day.


I also got to visit with a former colleague from school who is home recovering from back surgery.  I put together a little basket of snacks and included one of the plants that we picked up at The Great Swamp Nursery the day before.  I will have to apologize to her the next time I see her for the not-so-great corn muffins I included in the basket.


I have a few of the paper zinnias I made in my stash and used one of them to make a tag for the basket.




February 23 - Chili Day
Wendy's has pretty good chili.  Had some with crackers for lunch.  

February 24 - Tortilla Chip Day
Found these Guacamole tortilla chips at the $Tree and saved them for this day.  They were pretty good.  I would definitely get them again.  It would have been nice to have them with yesterday's chili.


February 25 - Chocolate Covered Nut Day
I should have planned ahead when we were at Trader Joe's earlier this week.  I'm sure they had some kind of chocolate covered nuts but we didn't come home with any.  Out of the blue, HWNSNBP decided that he wanted ARBY's for lunch and I volunteered to go with him for the ride as long as I could make a somewhat quick stop at a $Tree on our way back.  It takes about 20 minutes to get there and when we did we got in the drive-up line.  There were about 8 cars in front of us and we hadn't made much progress going forward in 15 minutes.  So before we got to the point where we would have been forced to stay in line, I suggested to HWNSNBP that it might be easier if he just went in and placed the order to which he agreed.  He wasn't in there long before he came out empty-handed because he said there were about 7 people in line in front of him and only 2 people working.  That explained why the line wasn't moving outside.  That quickly put a damper on his craving and we decided to just wing it at home.  We did make the $Tree stop at a pretty new store on the way home and I found some of what I was looking for.  I couldn't find any chocolate covered nuts there though and I was going to get a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup thinking it was not much of a stretch - afterall, it is chocolate covered peanut butter - but I decided not to splurge.

February 26 - Pistachio Day
We did have a snack pack of pistachio's upon our return from an early morning trip to visit our son and DIL.  I brought what I called a "magic" orange for GS1.  He asked me why it was magic and I told him that it was magic because it was not orange inside.  It was a blood orange and he liked that.  Especially when he peeled it and the juice was on his fingers and he told us it was "the blood of the orange".

February 27 - Strawberry Day
Have you tried Pineberries?  They are white strawberries that have a faint taste of pineapple.  We found them at Trader Joe's.



February 28 - Floral Design Day
Well, it's not a design but here's some of the orchids that are blooming right now.


This is the first time that all 7 of these are blooming at the same time.  Six of the smaller ones on the plant shelf are also blooming.  Sorry, no picture.  

What's coming up in March?  Well, traditionally March is National Craft Month.  And then there's Flying Pig Day, Banana Cream Pie Day, Dress in Blue Day, Son's Day, and Cheese Doodle Day to start with.  What will you be celebrating?

4 comments:

  1. That jelly donut looks as though it's sticking its tongue out! Made me smile anyway.As for those strawberries, I think I'd have a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that they don't look ripe. Would be fun to try though.
    I have to admire the fact that you're able to get orchids to re-bloom. I can't seem to get them to even survive much less bloom again.
    And I'm SO ready for Cheese Doodle Day (we call 'em Goose Turds in our family). My weakness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely spring post, too bad about those muffins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Floral design day is cool. I would happily celebrate doughnuts every day - though I don't think my waistline would thank me. I saw someone mention those berries, they sound interesting. I'm sure I've not seen them here. My favourite photo is the geese, made me think of Make Way for Ducks.
    According to BING it was rhino day one day recently, and Polar Bear day another.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonder where the goose parade was going?
    Your friend is lucky to have you as a friend.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.