Friday, February 3, 2023

Jingle Belles - Stuck on You

I am always amazed, and I shouldn't be, at what I find when I start searching for something.  This week it would be the search for holiday related stickers in my stash for the Jingle Belle sticker challenge this fortnight.  There was one in particular that I was looking for - and found it - but upon seeing something else, along with a scrap of scrapbook paper peaking out of a box of scraps, I went another direction.

The stickers I used were the foam gingerbread people.  What you can't see from this picture is that they are on a "cookie sheet" cut from some metallic silver cardstock.  (And I took this picture in what I thought was good daylight....go figure.)  There's also a panel of a textured metallic silver paper behind that baking utensil piece, which, btw was the scrap that appeared out of nowhere.


There were 3 sizes of stickers to choose from and I went with these because I could fit two of them on the sheet.  I was pleased to find another piece of plaid paper that had most of the colors in the baking piece.  


Maybe I'll get to using that other sticker on another card in the next day or so.  There's been so much going on here.  We've had more people through the house the last two weeks than we've had in ages.  We bit the bullet and ordered a whole-house generator in August that took till January to come in.  They have been in various stages of installation, inspection, and today finally turning it on and testing.  Thankfully it works.  We just need the final township inspection.  In the midst of that, our furnace decided to be cranky.  First, we replaced a pricey part and then HWNSNBP noticed a leak.  Fast forward to the decision to not replace an even pricier part and go for a new one...... with a two-day installation process in the middle of winter.  Luckily, again, they were able to spread the work out in a way that we didn't have to be without heat and hot water overnight.  And then there was the well issue...... see what I mean.  People in and money out.  But hey, we're warm, toasty, and hydrated.

Speaking of hydrated, I meant to mention in my last post about something I learned about hot chocolate in different parts of the world.  I know that in Mexico, cinnamon is added to hot chocolate and I have enjoyed that myself.  But did you know that in Columbia (and Ecuador) they add cheese to their hot chocolate?  It sounds strange, but if you think about it, cheese is a dairy product and they say that when it melts in the hot chocolate it makes it creamy with just a little bit of salt.  There are probably stranger things to add.  

Well now let me unstick myself from writing and go see what stick-to-it-tiveness the Jingle Belles have been up to.  You can join me by clicking here.

10 comments:

  1. Cheese in hot chocolate... interesting, maybe worth a try?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute card and obviously it was meant to be. So sorry about the furnace woes - not nice in the middle of winter.
    Adding cheese to hot chocolate - don't think I want to try it. Sometimes Resident Chef will add chocolate to chili if he happens to have some that needs to be used up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The gingerbread stickers are cute, and I always love the way the look on a little baking tray. The kitchen paper is just fab. Yay for the whole-house generator. In view of the recent weather patterns you have been having, it sounds like a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this fun sticker-y card! Cuteness overload! And I found a long-lost stamp while searching for something lately! As far as cheese and hot chocolate...I love both, but separately, please! Hope all your home repair things are over for now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. cheese ... hmm ... not sure about that one. I am however sure that your adorable gingerbread people are perfectly framed on their silver cookie sheet (I loved decorating gingerbread people with my Grandma) ... so very glad you got *stuck* with us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What kind of cheese? A generator is a godsend these days. We bought a house the already happened to have one and it has come in handy many times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome! I looked at a few "recipes" and they used mozarella.

      Delete
  7. Love this fun and festive card, those g-bread stickers on their "cookie sheet" are beyond adorable and that utensil scrap was a real find! So pleased you could join our sticker-centric fun at Jingle Belles!

    (ps: UGH that has been A LOT of hassle and expense but... I suppose it could've been worse. And thankfully those are GREAT things to have if you ever decide to put your house on the market) ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. (I have mixed feelings about the cheese thing... At first I thought kind of "ew" but... I always love hearing about other traditions and of course I've had chocolate cheesecake...hmmmmm)

    ReplyDelete
  9. πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—this!! I saw this at the Jingle Bells Challenge and came by for a closer look. I would love you to come and play with us at Park Hopping My Happy Place Challenge; your card reminds me of the gingerbread House (and cookies) constructed for Christmas every year at the Grand Floridian, Disneyworld, FL. I hope you'll join the fun. Have a creative week.
    Cheers, Makira
    https://parkhoppingmyhappyplace.com/

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.