Thursday, February 16, 2023

Valentine's Day Projects

To be honest, these projects didn't get finished until Valentine's Day.  They are both made with items from the $Tree.  I couldn't find the truck wreath rail at a store near to us and persuaded HWNSNBP to take a ride to one that is a bit further away that is also combined with a Dollar General.  We first went to that store a month ago and I was bowled over with how clean and the content of the store compared to others we've visited.  I even complimented the manager at the checkout at how nice the store was.  He said it was hard to keep it in such condition on that first visit, but I was pleased to see that it had not gone downhill in the month between.  

Here is a picture I found of the wreath rail before it's decorated (I forgot to take one of my own).


Basically, what you do is paint, or perhaps decoupage, the top part of the design.  I painted the truck red and used some pink shades for the hearts on mine.  I did paint the rails white, but I don't think that's absolutely necessary because it will be covered completely with your bows/ribbons.

There are three bows that I created by layering 3 different ribbons together and securing them with a pipe cleaner which is how they are fastened to the rail portion.  There is no tying involved with all that ribbon.  The center bow has an additional layer of white ribbon.  There is also an additional wooden heart in the bed of the truck.  This is not very heavy so I was able to use some thick double-sided tape to secure it to the window frame.  (The tape is clear and is easily removed.)  They have wreath rails for St. Patrick's Day and Easter coming up and I'm thinking another trip to that store will be in the near future.


This was also a project made with $Tree items.  The pink wooden plaque, the beaded wire wreath, and the pink berry vine were all cobbled together.  I was looking for something to add to the center but didn't come up with anything so far so rather than have it sit on the table, or put in a box, I hung it up as is.  I debated whether to paint those beads white and I still might take it apart and do that.  


I figure these can hang around for another week or so before we move on to the next holiday decor.

What didn't hang around long was the "heart" shaped pizza and the chocolate covered strawberries that HWNSNBP ordered from Joe's Meat Market.  I had mentioned in a previous post that we had a pizza and some delicious brownies from there last week and this was the special that they had for Valentine's Day.  I was a nice treat.




We took a ride on Valentine's Day to deliver Valentine's to GS1 and his parents because I forgot to get them in the mail early enough.  We were there in the morning and didn't get to see them of course, but were able to leave them for when they got home for the day.  On the way home we stopped at Delicious Orchards and picked up some lunch fixings and I got some cherry slice gumdrops to have to celebrate Gum Drop Day on February15th.  


If you're looking for something to celebrate in the near future, Friday, Feb. 17th is Random Act of Kindness Day and Cabbage Day.  Saturday is Red Sock Day and Battery Day.  Sunday is Chocolate Mint Day.  And don't forget that Mardi Gras is next week.  Happy celebrating!

4 comments:

  1. Nice projects, the food looks good too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd never heard of a wreath rail - something new to me. I certainly wouldn't have known what it was meant for if I saw one so thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow -those strawberries look AMAZING!! What a sweet treat.
    I would go for not painting the beads - as they are, they remind me very much of, I have no idea what it's called but there's a shrub that has large creamy white berries in the winter. Looking it up, I guess it could be the snow berry bush, though I don't ever remember seeing it in flower.

    BING prompted me with world hippo day in work one day this week :D.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.