Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Jingle Belles - My Sweet "Embossable" You

Trying to sneak this in for the Jingle Belle Embossing challenge ending tonight.  I watched a video with a technique that featured both dry and wet embossing and wanted to give it a try.  I found it on Sandi Mac Iver's blog - click here for her post containing a video.  She saw the technique originally on @ritzyhag on IG and got permission to make her own video.  I did not have the exact supplies that were featured in the video and tried to make due with what I do have.  Unfortunately, the only embossing folder in my possession that I thought would be relatable to this technique is not a 3D folder so you don't get as much of the lovely definition of the embossed flowers.  And, I used powders for the colored parts as I couldn't get my hands on the inkers that I originally intended to use.


Basically, you wet the paper and add the color and let it dry or dry it.  Then it is dry embossed using a dark ink in the recessed areas.  I then swiped my VersaMark ink pad over the design and added some gold embossing powder.   Once the gold was embossed I was able to go back with markers and completely black out the recessed areas.  It came out okay but it's not a show-stopper like the samples I saw in the video.  

Funny thing is that I was on the fence about ordering the 3D folder that she featured in the video and decided the day before I put in my order not to order it........and it was on sale.  Missed opportunity.

This is definitely one of those cards that looks better IRL.  Anyhoo, time to check out all the beauties over at the Jingle Belles. Won't you join me by clicking here?

1 comment:

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.