Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Pigs Are Flying Today

Happy Flying Pig Day!  Yep, it's here again.  A day to remember that all things are possible.



I finally used one of my Pinterest pins to create these flying pigs.  I sandwiched some light cardboard (the kind that cracker boxes are made of) between some pink-hued scrapbook paper, traced the pattern onto that and cut out the pigs.  I took a small hole punch to make the hole for the fishing line so they could hang.  The wings were cut from heavy white scrapbook paper and added to the pigs with a combination of double-sided tape and glue.  Oh, and I added a little sparkle to the edges of the wings with some clear, brush on Wink of Stella (not visible in the photos).


Some of these pigs flew right out the door and to the post office.  They're off to parts near and far.


I received a couple of new flying pigs for Christmas this year and I was waiting til now to show them off.  This is a metal plaque that I can hang up with one of my favorite sayings.


This pig is one of three that are hanging in my kitchen.  They are made of wood and have spacer beads in between them.  They are quite at home near the actual original flying pig from my collection.  


This last one was a gift from my daughter.  The picture makes it look a little more lavender than it is IRL.  And there are beautiful gold accents on the wings too.  She will be added to the gypsy rod. 


Some other pigs set out for display.



I asked HWNSNBP to bring up the box of the larger ceramic pigs I thought he stored in the basement.  He thought they were there too but couldn't find them.  Then he seemed to remember that he saw them when he was putting the Christmas decorations away in the storage closet off the craft room.  I decided I didn't want him moving things around in there to get to the closet because I'm trying to sort through stuff and it would get all mixed up again if he were to move it.  So the large pigs will stay stored until next March.  Hopefully we'll remember to pull them out when we put the Christmas decos away.

 I made a bunch more of the pigs you saw on the tree after I mailed the ones I usually to do my "Pig Ladies" so if anyone out there wants one, I'd be glad to mail you one.  Just let me know.

Now, should I feel bad that I had ham on my grilled cheese for lunch today and planning to have bacon and eggs for dinner tonight to use up some eggs before their expiration date?

5 comments:

  1. Gosh, how quickly a year goes by!! Yours are lovely with that patterned paper, and the little glass one looks so sweet. What a lovely optimistic display.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lorraine, I am so sorry, I have missed Flying Pig Day this year. There's been so much going on with me lately that I just forgot. No excuses. I hope you had a great day anyway! Your display of wee flying pigs is gorjuss! I have some of mine sitting here on my desk beside me.
    Sunshine xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the wee glass pig - I've always been fascinated by handmade glass.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never heard of that day, but I like the idea and your project. Now you'll have me looking for them. I love the theme that "all things are possible."

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.