Wednesday, March 29, 2023

More Little March Celebrations

Looking back I can't understand how I had 3 posts on one day last week.  That wasn't supposed to go that way.  But here I am again with some more little celebrations for the last few days.

The first day of Spring fell on the 20th as per usual.  It was also Ravioli Day so we ordered from Olive Garden to celebrate that.  If you order online they also have the option to add an additional pasta dish for about 6 bucks that comes cold and we can have that for lunch the next day along with any bread sticks or salad that we haven't eaten from our main meal.  

The 21st was Poetry Day and I did write a poem - stick to it till the end and don't be offended.

The Unwanted Caress

Standing there naked - I was cold
And then
   I felt the warmth on my back,
          ..... between my shoulders.
It radiated down my arms,
   my torso, 
   my legs.
The heat building within me.
And then it happened.
The darn shower curtain liner
Reached out and wrapped me
In an unwanted caress.
L MASTALSKI 3/2023

On World Water Day (3/22) we took a ride to check out a potential project for HWNSNBP and had a beautiful view of the Atlantic but I forgot to get a picture.

The 23rd was Tamale Day and we got some pulled pork tamales from Trader Joe's to make for lunch.

Cheesesteak Day fell on Friday and being that it's during Lent we passed on celebrating that.

Saturday the 24th was National Peacock Day.  Here's a tangle I did using Pea-Fea by Amelie Liao.


On Sunday when I checked my e-mail there was an offer from Applebee's for a free Spinach and Artichoke dip appetizer with a $15.00 meal order for National Spinach Day.  We didn't have lunch planned at that point so we ordered a hamburger to split and a dessert for later in the day and got the free spinach appetizer.  

Which brings us up to the beginning of this week and what lies ahead.  March is coming to an end and it seems to be going so quickly.  But there are some more good things to celebrate in the works.

3 comments:

  1. I love that poem - it made me smile.
    Wish we still had an Olive Garden here but it closed long ago. I miss their bread and salad. Smart marketing on their part to offer a cold pasta add-on to their take out orders.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The peacock tangle is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.