Sunday, April 2, 2023

Good-bye March, Hello April

Here's the new wreath rail that I made for Easter.  This one's got bunnies in the back of the truck.  All materials, except for the paint, are from $Tree.


Somehow I missed Scribble Day on Monday unless you want to count the scribbling I do when planning my word for the 100DayProject.

Tuesday was Something on a Stick Day and I just so happened to see something on Facebook posted by Sweet Melissa's that would be a nice treat.  Since HWNSNBP was going to be up in that area at a meeting, he gladly stopped by there and picked us up this Easter treat that they were advertising.  I believe they piped their meringues onto the stick and decorated them before heating them up.  I was good but a little sweet.  


Wednesday was Little Red Wagon Day and Thursday was Pencil Day.  Here are my really little red wagon and my really big pencil.


Thursday was also Opening Day for baseball season and HWNSNBP decided that we should celebrate by having ballpark food.  That involved a trip to the grocery store for him for not only the hot dogs, rolls, sauerkraut, and nacho fixings, but I tasked him with getting Cracker Jacks.  You know the old ditty of Take Me Out to the Ball Game mentions "give me some peanuts and Cracker Jacks, I don't care if I ever come back".  Well, he looked and he looked and he saw a woman doing the picking for another customer in the candy aisle and asked her if she knew where the Cracker Jacks were.  She told him the next aisle over and they both went to look but couldn't find them.  He thanked her and kept looking and saw three guys, also store employees, standing nearby and he approached them.  They asked him if he needed help and he told them that yes, he was looking for Cracker Jacks.  They agreed that you need to have Cracker Jacks on opening day, but they didn't know where to find them.  Someone coming up the aisle wearing a baseball jersey from a rival team and HWNSNBP asked him if he wouldn't like some Cracker Jacks on opening day and the guy agreed that you have to have Cracker Jacks on opening day.  As yet another person came over, the 3 original guys said that this was the person who would know where to find them - he supposedly knew where everything was in the store.  So HWNSNBP told him that he was looking for Cracker Jacks because you have to have Cracker Jacks on opening day and the guy agreed.  He described them to a T - three boxes taped together right?  Yes, HWNSNBP told him waiting only to hear him say - we don't have them.  You'll have to check another store.  

So HWNSNBP looked online on his phone and said that $Tree should have them.  I remembered a few years ago that when we celebrated Opening Day at work I got them there for the staff. So after his meeting, we tried to make a quick trip to the nearest $Tree for the elusive Cracker Jacks.  We did find them, but the trip was not quick because I got stuck behind a woman in line in front of me who was trying to make a return and the cashier and the current store manager were having a big problem which I won't go into, but by the time that I got to check out, there were at least 6 or 7 people behind me also waiting.  We were in the car when they were playing the National Anthem for the game........but we had Cracker Jacks!



Friday was Crayon Day and also my birthday and HWNSNBP and I had to be at the condo for the plumber to come and turn the water back on for the season so we added a stop or two before we got there and then went out after the plumber came and went.  Bakeries were involved.  And also the $Tree where I picked up goodies for the GS's for Easter and some crayons for myself.



I got some really beautiful handmade birthday card and art RAK's that I will show in a separate post soon.  I hope no one got fooled on April Fool's Day.  We had some nasty storms go through here last night but they were even worse elsewhere.  Rachel and her family were in the basement waiting out a tornado warning in Delaware and a friend in Barnegat had a similar experience but with no basement there, had to hide in a centrally located bathroom.  We had left there early in the morning and missed that, but she said she was prepared with a glass of wine and her bicycle helmet at the ready when the building started shaking from the wind.  I saw pictures of damage not too far from there and the weather service will be determining if there were any actual tornadoes in NJ.  Ahhh, such is Spring.

3 comments:

  1. The Easter treat looks cute as does your wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous ribbons on the wreath rail. That little red wagon is just dinky. Definitely a North American thing, I recognise the style from Peanuts cartons and rubber stamps but I've never seen anything like it here. Same with Cracker Jacks - I remember my mother, who lived in Canada for some years before ending up here, trying to explain it to us. Fun crayons to celebrate crayon day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't had Cracker Jacks for years - and now am wondering if they're even still available here. What a fun way to celebrate opening day for our beloved baseball. I think my favourite of your 'days' this time is the combination of the pencil and the red wagon...fun!

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.