Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Jingle Belles - Peace on EARTH Day (Part 2) Trash to Treasure

I'm back with another card for the Jingle Belles Earth Day challenge.  And I'm using yet another tissue box piece along with that sentiment that was saved from a card that we received and the squirrel which was fussy cut from some wrapping paper samples that I had taken out of the fund raising booklets when I was working at the school.   I put her on a black glittered tag from a set I got at IKEA years ago.  The tissue box panel is framed by a slice of brushed silver metallic paper which isn't showing up as shiny as it is in the picture. 


When I was checking out the other cards yesterday I saw that one of the participants said that she was using some of the scraps that she had "squirreled" away and I thought that that reference was so apropros for this challenge and for my crafting space(s).  I see the squirrels in the fall scampering around and hiding their acorns here and there and I know that there are some that they forget about which become seedlings in and around our property. (One might wonder if they are forgotten or are purposely placed around so they can make sure that they leave a food source for their descendants.)  Well, I certainly don't scamper around here much anymore but it's always interesting when I do get involved in cleaning or reorganizing and I find those "acorns" that have been squirreled away for some sort of craft project.  I know that when it comes time for someone else to clean up what I have left behind that they'll be thinking "what the heck was she saving that for?".  

This is one of the rare times that I know exactly who will be getting this card.  We were with our DIL's parents at GS1's birthday brunch recently and they were telling us about the squirrel that comes to their deck looking for peanuts and will take them right out of their hands.  Our DIL thinks it's only a matter of time before he/she ends up in the house.  I just have to remember to find out again what they told us they call him/her.  

If you haven't checked out the Jingle Belles blog yet you can by clicking here.  

PS - If you check out derrickdowneyjr on IG you can meet his squirrel friends Richard and Maxine.  He is known as the Squirrel Whisperer and is pretty funny.

3 comments:

  1. I love that we both tend to save the same sorts of things to re-use and re-cycle; I can never resist a cool tissue box either and yes, despite reams and reams of patterned paper, I open pretty giftwrapped presents carefully so I can save the wrap too! :) So happy you could join our Earth Day fun once more at Jingle Belles! ♥ (LOVE the squirrel AND the story!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is truly recycling perfection ... love it ... so very glad you joined our Earth Day celebration at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Treasure definitely, the cool colour palette is great and the little squirrel is adorable.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.