Tuesday, March 7, 2023

The 100 Day Project 2023

After some consideration and long pondering I did come up with an idea for the 100 Day Project this year which started on February 22nd.  I purchased this little "notebook" from Temu which just happens to have 100 pages.  I wanted to keep it simple but colorful so I decided to choose a word representative of something from each day that was a source of enjoyment.  Each page has a 1-3/8" square on the right side in which I will add the word in block letters.  Then each segment created by those letters will be assigned a different color.  Some of the squares may also include little illustrations.  I'm using my Stabilo markers because I know that Michael's has open stock on them and they can be individually replaced.  


These are the words from the first 7 days.









I'm adding personal notes on the back of each page that will remind me of why I chose each word.   I think that I will stick with posting one week at a time with these going forward.  

If you want to be part of the 100DayProject it's never too late to start.  There are no requirements other than to do something creative each day.  And that doesn't necessarily have to be with paint, markers, pencils, or such.  It can be practicing a new embroidery stitch each day, or writing a poem, or taking a photo of a different leaf or plant, etc.  And there's no one to account for whether you complete it or not......just yourself.  But I will tell you that there is a wonderful sense of accomplishment when you finish a challenge such as this or even the ICAD challenge which will follow on the heels of this one.  Think about it and maybe you might want to join me and a bunch of other like-minded creatives out there.

4 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing more word cards. I'm wondering if my guesses are right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is going to be a fun project, not only to create but also to re-visit in years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always amaze me with the way you take on and fulfill challenges like these. I wouldn't have the stickability. I'm sure it's so rewarding and satisfying, though.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.