Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Jingle Belles - It Came Upon A Midnight *Clear* and a Few Tips to Spare

The Jingle Belles have been very transparent with the challenge this fortnight and they've made it very clear.  That is clear by the definition of see through.  We must use something see through and that can encompass many forms that are see through.  I went the route of using a piece of vellum embossed with snowflakes. I put some die cut snowflakes behind the vellum in plain cardstock and on top of the vellum in glitter cardstock.  Choosing the shades of purple was totally random - what I put hands on first in the pile of cut cardstock on my work table. 


There really is a nice sparkle to this diamond dust paper IRL.


A hint I wanted to pass along from another card maker about using glitter paper.  Maybe I have in the past, but I will again.  The glitter paper is thick and this can make it difficult to die cut.  What you can do is peel the backing from the glitter paper to make it less thick.  Do it slowly and it works great.


Second hint is to keep a roll of painters tape handy.  This helps to hold down those tricky little dies so they don't move around.  You can use washi tape for this, or even the sticky part of post-it notes, but I find the painters tape to be a lot more reliable.  


And since I'm in the tipping mood, I keep a needle tucked into the wrapping on the glue bottle to help with that glue snot that gets caught in the tip.  And I also keep a box of alcohol swabs nearby to get the stickiness off my crafting tools (needles, scissors, tweezers).  


Well, I'm running late with this as usual so let me be off to go and see what I can see through over at the Jingle Belles.  You can too by clicking here.

6 comments:

  1. OHHHHHHHHHHHHH what a beautiful and elegant design! I love that you embossed and layered the vellum and then added the sparkly flakes on top. Tres elegant! So happy you could join our CLEAR elements fun at Jingle Belles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always a treat to come by and see your beautiful work. Really like the idea of tucking a pin on the glue bottle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the look of embossed vellum ... so very glad you joined us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glue snot - that made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Embossed vellum is always so soft and pretty, and definitely see-through.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.