Monday, March 20, 2023

Jingle Belles - Cardstock Christmas

The Jingle Belles challenged us to create cards without any designer/scrapbook paper - only cardstock allowed.  But it could be die cut, embossed, stamped, torn, etc.  I went the die cut route.  Truth be told, I had these gnomes already cut out and assembled back in January for a previous challenge but didn't use them, so they became very useful for this challenge.  These are the Dancing Gnomes etched dies from Spellbinders.


The card that I made back then had a series of gnomes in rainbow colors and I cut out a lot of extra colors.  These were some of the colors that I didn't use.  They make a pretty cute trio I think.  All I had to do was die cut the Merry Christmas sentiment and add that to it.  I might go back and add some cardstock snowflakes or sequins.  We'll see what I can find.  


I have another idea that I want to try for this challenge and I'll have to see if I can get to it before the deadline on Wednesday.  In the meantime, I'll be checking out all the other cardstock creations at the Jingle Belles.  You can too by clicking here.

7 comments:

  1. I can only imagine all the work involved assembling those cute little gnomes, but it was worth it! So cute! I predict a winner for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOohhhhhhhh they are perfection! I love hearing that there are others who "overcut" and then find a way to use the leftovers, that is basically the story of my crafty life lol. In this case it seems like perfect serendipity, I cannot imagine a more charming way to get cardstock-centric, which we're happy you did with us at Jingle Belles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ps: did I read that Polar Cub is open already?! we should probably meet up to support our local business, right?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! You have a lot of patience to put together all those itty bitty pieces.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.