Monday, March 13, 2023

Color for A Dreary Day

A little color for a dreary Monday.  The threat of snow from a Noreaster the weatherpeople have been hawking appears to be passing us by with rain instead.  From where I'm sitting I can see the clumps of soon-to-be-flowering daffodils that are scattered on the hill in the backyard.  They're up about 3-4" now and are noticeable not only for their height but the contrast of their dark green color against the green gold of the winter grass.  Don't be fooled when I say grass.  We have a nice piece of property but what grows as a lawn is some grass and some nicely manicured weeds.  Still, it's nice to see the greening of spring beginning.

So let's brighten it up with my second installment of #The100DayProject.  









It occurred to me while I was photographing these that I hadn't shared the January Zentangle challenge that I did facilitated by the group 7F5R called A Fragment of Your Imagination.  Each day they featured a fragment in the form of either a square, circle, leaf, or triangle that could be used as a reference when completing a larger tile.  I used one of the little notebooks for that - one with less pages and I chose the pink one (they also come in blue, yellow, and green) and added the fragment of the day, it's name, and in most cases, the name of the creator of that particular pattern.  Those that did not have a name were original Zentangle patterns.  





You know that we set the clocks ahead this weekend celebrating Daylight Savings and our sunsets are later allowing us to enjoy the daylight longer but as we all know, it does take a toll on our daily activities and notably our sleeping pattern.  So would it surprise you to know that today, March 13th is National Napping Day?  I think everyone, myself included, would benefit from celebrating that.  I won't mind doing that later when the heavier rains set in.  

4 comments:

  1. lovely bright colours. Enjoy napping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like the time change (there, I've said it!) because it does wreak havoc with my sleep patterns. I have a hard enough time getting enough sleep as it is and don't need the time change on top of it. I'm hopeful that the government will follow through on saying that they plan to abolish it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have to laugh at the manicured weeds - sounds like ours. Love that bright colour, it's been a dreary month here mostly. I hope you continued to escape the snow! DH's friend in ME says enough already.
    Belated thanks for a flying pig now adorning my birch branch.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.