Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Jingle Belles - The 12 Days of Cardstock

Well I did make it back with another card before the deadline for the Jingle Belles cardstock only challenge.  My Pinterest feed was sort of bombarded with cards featuring this floating element technique and I was lucky to find a tutorial for it on a blog called Stamp With Lorraine - not me of course.  It wasn't until I started posting this that I saw that the date of her blog post was back in 2021, so I guess this is not something new to the world but just to me.  It did require me to make a sticker with my cardstock strips by adding them to a piece of acetate.  I'm hoping that acetate was fair game to use in this challenge - it doesn't have any pattern to it.  The only pattern that I have here is from the embossed cardstock piece that I found in my scraps which also happened to be chalked up so you can see the swirls.  


You can't tell from my picture that this element is floating - not sure if it's the way it's been photographed or whether the pattern behind it interferes.  Those are green jewels though they look darker here.  I used a Sizzix tree die in white.  This came together fairly quickly and was a nice way to use some of those scrap strips that I've been saving.  I have some ideas for some future cards using this technique.  

Now I really will be off to visit the other cardstock creations posted over at the Jingle Belles blogClick here to take a peek.

5 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhh that is as clever as it is lovely, which is really saying something... I adore the "floating" element of the strips, I'd really like to try out that idea, you've inspired me!!! So pleased you could join our Cardstock Christmas celebration once more at Jingle Belles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen actetate sold as clear cardstock ;-). Your floating strips look lovely in those shades of green. I seen to remember that when we did it as a Monday technique challenge a couple of years back, a lot of us commented on how hard it was to photograph showing the depth. But I can definitely see it here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I imagine it must have been tricky to photograph this in order to show that it's layered but I can see it!

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.