Sunday, February 7, 2021

The 100DayProject and Something to Make You Smile

 The 100DayProject is a free global creativity project which started this year on January 31st.  It originated on Instagram in 2014, but I only became aware of it in the last few years.  I thought this might be something good to participate in as they recommend that what you choose to do should only take you about 10-20 minutes a day and that is more than doable.  I also wanted something small and portable with a limited number of materials.  If you remember or are new to here you should check out my Mini Scrap Collages that I started in a 365 Day project back in 2018.  I only finished 221 of them (60%) which I thought was pretty good as I was still working then.  I still have ovals in the waiting and all those scraps plus more if I decide to pick that up again but I didn't want to use that for my 100 Days project.  Instead I remembered seeing another artist (Debbie Packo) on Instagram doing small pen and watercolors on paper key tags a couple years ago for her project.  I thought at the time that that was pretty cool but I didn't want to use watercolors myself.  Instead I decided to some of what I call Faux Stitching with fine line markers and pens like my wind maps of years ago but in smaller form.  The challenge will be the day-to-day subject matter.  

So I ordered my key tags from SmileAmazon (if you use Amazon Smile you can earmark a percentage of the sale to go to a charity/group of your choice - we have been sending ours to The Raptor Trust).  When they came in (2 boxes of 50) I removed all the metal links from them for the time being.  I am thinking now that I will add them back at the end of the project so I can hang these tags in some for of a garland in my craft room.  

Here are the first 7 days worth...............










You see the subject matter is all over the place and it includes just designs as well as scenes which I'm perfectly okay with.  Oh, and I did reach out to Debbie to tell her that I was using her idea of the tags and she was okay with it - actually she hadn't remembered doing it herself.  

Now I offer you a little entertainment for today that should bring a smile to your face.........


3 comments:

  1. Fun tag project - small and definitely doable every day. As for the video - I love it!!! Is he your 'grand'?? (btw - you might like to see the picture of one of my 'grands' that I just posted on my blog...another fun one).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely idea! And definitely like stitching... Isn't there a name for that diet of long-stitch pictures? Can't think of it right now. The boat is my favourite.
    Maverick looks as if he's grown a lot even since the Christmas photos!

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.