Thursday, February 4, 2021

Jingle Belles - Colorful Christmas Inspiration

A colorful Christmas inspiration indeed from the Jingle Belles this week!  This is beautiful.  So clean and crisp with a great punch of color.  Our challenge is to create a card inspired by this photo.  Anything of our liking - and there are so many ways to go with this.  Color, object, setting.  

 
The tree on the mantle caught my eye - the pastel one.


First I had to figure out what to use for the "branches".  I'm guessing that the trees in the photo were made with paint chips, but I could be wrong about that.  Not having a suitable stash of paint chips, but a more than suitable stash of scrap cardstock, the next step was what punch to use. The ovals that I have are all too big, but I did find a small ornament punch that I though would work with the basic form even though it comes to a point - it still would resemble the tree in the picture - but you get to decide that.


In the photo the peach and the pink look closer in color than they are IRL.  Once I had the tree on the background it looked a little too barren, so I added some white sequins to give it a little sparkle.

To make the tree I punched out a slew of the ornaments in all the colors and then took a rectangular  piece of cardstock that was a little narrower and shorter than the background panels.  I started by adding some repositionable tape runner to that in a tree shape and then began layering the punches from the bottom up.  The very top was finagled from tracing the ornament inverted on itself.  I then took a piece of Press and Seal and pressed it onto the tree making sure that each one of those pieces was stuck to it.  Then I gently turned it over and peeled off the cardstock from the back.  I trimmed down that rectangle to be a tad smaller than the actual tree and used a ton of double-sided tape to adhere it to the back of the tree.  Then I was able to gently peel the Press and Seal off the front making the tree was ready to add to the card.  

There is so much inspiration in that photo that I'm going to have to revisit it for a second card I fear.  In the meantime, you can check out how all the other Jingle Belles were inspired by clicking here.  

7 comments:

  1. That's amazing! Your patience was rewarded with this amazing tree!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun challenge! I like your interpretation of the tree. I've seen several uses for Press and Seal popping up around the internet. It doesn't appear to be available in the local stores so maybe I'll check Amazon to see if I can get it. Would be fun to play around with on my landscapes I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your super-creative solution for creating your fantastic inspired holiday tree ... so much fun ... we're so glad you were inspired by our Jingle Belles BoHo Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! Press and Seal is great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's definitely when you need punches and not a die! Great take on your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh wow!!!!! ok, so, not only do i loooooove that cool layered tree you chose to duplicate, i'm SUPER-impressed by your press-n-seal technique, i need to remember that trick! such a brilliant take on the inspiration photo and a clever way of making it work! so pleased you could join our JINGLE BELLES fun!

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.