Thursday, February 18, 2021

From My Valentine

 A little heartfelt art from me first.  A tangled heart on an index card with some watercolor shading.


He surprised me with a simple bunch of daisies.


But I knew these delights below were coming.  The car service that HWNSNBP and some friends have used has been having a rough time making ends meet since the cutback of travel during COVID.  HWNSNBP has only used the service a handful of times but always found the young guy and his wife to be very reliable and reasonable.  They have been trying to supplement with other things like grocery shopping and delivery, but their most recent adventure is in chocolate specialties like these chocolate covered strawberries pictured and the very popular Hot Chocolate Bombs.  We also ordered Valentine cannoli which we shared. (I just checked their FB page and they did so well on V-Day that they're taking orders for special St. Patrick's Day cocoa bombs.)  





I also received this LovePop card from HWHSNBP - a pick-up truck full of hearts.  I receive daily e-mail notifications of the mail that we're going to get and I don't know how I didn't see this being delivered.  So I was very surprised.


We were supposed to go to Delaware on Saturday but due to the impending ice storm we nixed those plans.  I had made banana blondies with brown sugar frosting to take but since we didn't go we've been enjoying them and they are highly recommended.  I froze the last four and we'll have to see how they are defrosted.

Now let's see, what is the next holiday?

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful Valentine's you had!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know so many people have struggled this last year, it's heartwarming to hear positive stories. The guy who makes the felt animals I think I have sent you a couple of, his business was almost totally tourism-based between supplying shops and passing trade in his studio, but when I went in to get my Christmas present from C from him, he said he had managed to build up a good mail order business.
    Lovely flowers. Give me daisies over cut roses any day.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.