Sunday, February 21, 2021

Jingle Belles - Text Me Christmas

Words, words, words.  Are you a word nerd?  I am.  This is the KOOK in me, the one who collects words on a dedicated Pinterest board.  One of my favorite words - absquatulate - which means "to leave abruptly".   This seems to be a family trait.  HWNSNBP, who is an ambivert is very good at absquatulating.  And our daughter, who considers herself an introvert admits to also practicing absquatulation.  But let me absquatulate from this conversation and get to the Jingle Belle challenge at hand - using text/words on our Christmas cards.

I found some texty background papers in a paper stack along with some coordinating papers and put them to work.

On this first one I added a red pick-up truck brad from Eyelet Outlet in front of some die cut trees.


And to the second one, I created a little Santa from punches that reminds me of a Weeble (you know - Weebles wobble but they won't fall down).  He even has googly eyes.  I actually spent a fair amount of time gathering up the googly eyes I had in a couple of spots in my craft room so they could all be in the same place from now on.  I didn't realize just how many different sizes I had.  I kept them in tiny ziplock bags by size and quickly ran out of room in a recycled peanut butter jar.  Luckily I found a larger clear plastic jar I could use instead.  Now they are all together and I won't need a search party to find them anymore.


I was only using half of the sheets so I figured I'd go ahead and make a second card for each whilst the supplies were all at hand.  

 

More for you Word Nerds - This morning both Kirby and I were enjoying the apricity while listening to the melting ice clattering through the downspouts.  He on his flank, me on my acnestis.


Okay, enough words here, time to go spread some around to the Jingle Belles participants.  If you would like to join in click here.  



4 comments:

  1. That little pick-up brad is sweet. And even sweeter is your punch-art Weeble Santa. I think we had a couple of Weebles. What a super photo of Kirby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great designs with that texty paper ... so glad you joined our TEXT-y Christmas at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love that your post is texty as well as your (AWESOME!!!) cards! that punch-pieced santa is brilliant and the pickup truck brads are the perfect finishing touch to the text + trees! love, love, love! (& that they're multiples too!) so pleased you could join our TEXTY fun once more at JINGLE BELLES! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.