Saturday, February 13, 2021

February Birthday Cards

I know I checked my birthday list before February 1st and I knew I wanted to get them out early because the mail has been so terribly slow here at times, and then I went and forgot to mail the first one for a birthday on the 4th.  So needless to say, it was late, but still appreciated.

I wanted something cheerful - we've had so many gray days lately.  So I picked some bright, cheery colors to work with.


I changed up the placement of the dots and the card back colors.


And I did some "tie-dye-like" coloring on the die cut sentiments before I cut them out.


And I did four for the four birthdays, but then realized that one of them was for my son's birthday and this didn't strike me as a card to use for a masculine birthday.  So one of them will be set aside for another birthday down the road.



I pulled this one together for him.  I found the piece of scrapbook paper that was a free gift package add-in from a stamp company a while back (I have an envelope full of tags and paper from them over the years).  It says "ON THIS DAY" and lists the days.  I circled the date of his birthday in gold which you can barely see in the photos but is more prominent IRL.  I added the Bermuda Bay panel (which appears turquoise in the pictures) to the center of the background and added a happy birthday die cut in More Mustard accented with gold barely visible in the last photo.



HWNSNBP dropped in a birthday check and it was off to hopefully arrive before or on his birthday.

Of course after I made and mailed this card I received some dies that I ordered that I think will be great for masculine cards in the future.  HWNSNBP's birthday is coming up, so I'd better get busy experimenting.  Luckily I won't have to mail that one.  And there won't be any check in it either ;)

3 comments:

  1. I love these bright cheerful cards...and yes, all our mail is still arriving late too. Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheerful cards, we need them to warm us up. Happy Birthday to your son!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The tie-dye look on the sentiments is super.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.