Monday, April 19, 2021

Jingle Belles - Peace on Earth Day

Once again the middle of April and Earth Day brings us to one of my favorite Jingle Belle challenges where we use materials that are recycled, reused or up-cycled.  It's a time when I can take a look through all those snippets and scraps that I have been saving to see what I can repurpose into a Christmas card or two.  

This first card will feature four items that I found that seemed to blend together - a paint chip, a piece of the inside of a security envelope, a bow from a bag of specialty candy, and a graphic image from the packaging of a decorative flag that we purchased.


I trimmed down the paint chip to fit the card front (Dapper Denim cs used for that) and placed the graphic over the writing on the paint chip.  The security envelope swatch had already been torn so I left it that way.  I just had to straighten up the sides a little.  Added the bow and there you have it.  The bow is a tad bit bulky so it will probably need extra postage.  

Please take a minute to click here to see all the other creations on the Jingle Belle blog.  

2 comments:

  1. you are always an inspiration on earth day (& the rest of the year!) but you especially shine at creative recycling, and this year is no exception! what a brilliant combo of rescued goodies! so pleased you could join our JINGLE BELLES earth day fun! ♥

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.