Monday, April 26, 2021

April Birthdays

April is birthday heavy for us.   Since it's been such a lovely Spring I went with a lot of floral inspiration for the last couple of birthdays.


 

This one features a turnabout stamp for the back panel.  I liked it enough to send it but there was a lesson learned about color distribution.  With the turnabout stamp you stamp the same image 4 times rotating the stamp 90 degrees after changing the color.  I stamped the two greens and then the two pinks and I probably should have alternated them.   


And here is a "slimline" card that fits perfectly into a business size envelope for mailing.  I used some of my favorite shades of blue for the flowers.  There are four pieces to each of those flower heads.  This is where a good tweezer comes in handy!


This last one wasn't for a birthday, but rather a thank you for a friend who met me for coffee for my birthday last month.  I came across this stamp in my stash while looking for something else and thought it would be perfect.  

 

We have a few more birthdays coming up in May including our youngest grandson who will be turning 2 very soon.  We had a great visit with them at the condo this weekend.  He is very much into playing "cars" lining them up and watching the wheels.  And he had his first visit to the beach.  It was a little cooler and windy by the time we got there but he loved walking in the sand and would have walked right into the water if we let him.  



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards. What a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the photos of GS2 on the beach. Having grown up within earshot of one, I think it's the best place to be near! And DH was very impressed with my card, he thinks it's amazing (so do I). The purple one is lovely too, makes me think of violets even though the leaves are different.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.