Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Jingle Belles - Holiday Cards to "Die" For

Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to bed we go.  Wait - What?  What am I talking about?  Well, I'm showing off this new die that my blogging buddy Sabrina sent me for my birthday last week.  It couldn't have come at a better time as the Jingle Belle challenge for this fortnight is to use a die or dies, or even punches.  I have to admit that I've not seen this die before and was excited to use it.  It's a Joanna Sheen Signature Die called Bedtime Stocking.  I was able to find some samples on line to see how to put all the pieces together.  


You can use the headboard by itself, but I chose to layer two of them to give it the appearance of a full bed.  By running the die through my Sizzix Sidekick a few times with patterned paper I was able to fill the space in the footboard and also make two pillows for the bed.  


I used the same die for the second card but changed up the style of the room.   



Thank you again Sabrina for giving me the inspiration for these two cards, and congratulations on your 1,000th blog post.  Now I need to drop by the Jingle Belles to see how all the other participants have been inspired.  You can join me by clicking here.

4 comments:

  1. what a cool die set and you've used it BRILLIANTLY... times two! i especially love the grey, white and crimson color palette; although both cards are fabulous! so pleased you could join our diecutting fun at JINGLE BELLES!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm obviously going to be coming to you for inspiration when I finally get round to using my own, since I have long ago mislaid the ones I cut before Christmas. They're not even in my ongoing-projects box any more. I love the way you used two to add such depth and dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a lovely holiday die ... I love both versions ... so very glad you shared your *to die for* projects with us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.