Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Jingle Belles - Go Planet...It's Your Earth Day

Don't our hostesses come up with the coolest post titles!  This is a busy birthday week for us and in addition to that I wanted to send out some Earth Day wishes to some friends and came up with what I thought was a great idea just before I went to bed the other night.  Unfortunately, I couldn't remember what it was when I got up the next morning.  Hopefully it will come back to me and I will recycle it for next year.  

Poor memory and all I still managed to put together a second card for the Jingle Belles Earth Day challenge.  


So what did I add to that red card base?  The patterned paper is another save from a security envelope. Red ones don't come very often. The burlap ribbon was all that was leftover from some forgotten project.  The bear was actually a gift tag, one of many I made one year for family members that I saved from the trash.  That itself was recycled from a brown paper bag when I made them.  The wreath base is a punched donut shape from a green paint chip to which I added snippets of green ribbons from the scrap bag.  The red bow on the wreath was actually the ribbon that was used as the hanger for the bear tag.  I just snipped it off the top and tied it into a bow.  

I remember growing up we didn't have much but my parents were big on books and two of the books that I loved were "The Make It Book" and "The Do It" book which showed you simple creations that you could make from everyday things around the house with very little extra needed.  And one summer our town offered an art course that was being taught by a couple of my uncle's high school friends.  I don't remember exactly the project that I worked on, but there was a prize for it - a book called "How to Make Something From Nothing".  I think those books were what influenced me to repurpose, recycle, and reuse long before Earth Day began (yes, I'm that old).

Okay, time to head over to the Jingle Belles to leave some love for the other cardmakers.  Once again, you can join me by clicking here.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. I know about that memory thing...so annoying. I got distracted at the grocery store, got to the top of the aisle and had to struggle for a minute to recall what I had been looking for when I got to the top of the aisle. Then I remembered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my that is verrrrrry cool; don't think i've ever seen a RED security liner; actually i don't see as many of them just generally! and of course you've used it really well... i love the story about those "pivotal" books, this is why you are SO GOOD at creative upcycling!!! so pleased you could join our JINGLE BELLES earth day fun once more! ♥

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.