Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Teapot Tuesday 71

Our hostess this week is Lisa and she has picked out a very cute teapot with snowmen on it.




In Lisa's story we are headed to the North Pole for our tea this week where we'll be trying to find out "What Do Snowmen Do At Night?".  You can see that they're a very fun loving bunch and during the day they love to slide down the hill in teacups from the old amusement park ride. 

Well, I've discovered when the sun goes down and the moon comes up the wintry forest provides another playground of sorts where the snowmen play hide and seek at night.  They're such good hiders you won't be able to find them, even if you're standing right next to them.


I pulled out a retired stamp set for this one - Trees Three - I've always liked it and never used it much, but it will be used this Christmas.  The Simple Snowflake was stamped in VersaMark on the Elegant Eggplant card base and embossed with clear EP.  And I also stamped it on Whisper White, used my heat and stick and my SU glitter.  The Sentiment is from Four the Holidays and I daubered Silver Shimmer Paint on the stamp. (I'm really liking this shimmer paint - I hope they have it in our regular catty next year!!!)  I used the Scallop Border punch and added the little silver snowflake on the side using the Silver Stretch Cording in the Occasions mini.  
To make the tree panel I stamped them in VersaMark and then clear EP'd them.  Then I took some sponges and swirled on Bashful Blue and Lavendar Lace.  Lastly, with more sponges I added Not Quite Navy and Elegant Eggplant around the edges.  There's nothing like blue and purple finger nails!  The trees were matted on Lavendar Lace and then Bashful Blue.  I know it looks kind of dark, but this card is much prettier in real life - trust me. 

So, that's what I've found that snowment do at night - what do you think they do?  I'd love to hear.

If you want to know what the other ladies found out about the snowmen, please visit the Teapot Gallery.

Thanks Lisa for a great teapot and story this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.