Friday, May 28, 2021

Jingle Belles - Bling on the Holidays

The Jingle Belles want us to Bling Up our cards this fortnight.  This card started with a gold foil card base.  To it I added the last of my handpainted tea bag papers made with all the different hues of metallic watercolor paint that I have.  That panel is framed on both sides with some gold glitter paper border using Macrame Borders and Tassels from The Greetery.   To make the lettering I actually used the gold foil wrapper from a Christmas candy that I adhered to some index card paper before I die cut the letters using the Bold Alphabet dies from The Greetery.  (Yes, I've been on a kick with The Greetery's products lately.)


This card is so shiny you can see some of my reflection in the bottom portion trying to photograph it. I'm going to check my dies again to see if I have something that would pass for musical notes to add to it....... or maybe some sequins. What do you think?

Time to jump back over to the Jingle Belles blog to give some love to the other sparkly creations.  You can join me by clicking here.

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Re buttercrunch lettuce, I got this salad dressing recipe off one of Denise's posts, it is lemony and delish

      1/4 cup olive oil

      2 tablespoons red wine vinegar

      1 tablespoons balsamic vinegar

      1/2 lemon, juiced

      1/2 teaspoon dried oregano

      1 teaspoon dried basil

      2 teaspoons minced garlic

      ½ teaspoons each salt and pepper

      Delete
    2. This was Denise's post
      https://anenglishgirlrambles2016.blogspot.com/2021/05/monday-recipe-post-quick-and-easy.html

      Delete
  2. You did a great job photographing the blingy-ness of the card. If it were me I don't think I'd add anything more because I like it the way it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow soooo beautiful and YESSSSS shiny enough that i can see your reflection! such a beautiful and sparkly creation! so pleased you could join our glittery blingy fun at JINGLE BELLES!

    ReplyDelete
  4. those metallic watercolors are shimmer-licious ... thanks for helping us Bling on the Holidays at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet the texture of that teabag paper is just wonderful, almost like old worn silk. Shine is SO hard to photograph. At least we all know that.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.