Tuesday, May 11, 2021

The100DayProject Wrap Up

 Well, here they are.  All 100 of them.  Click the picture to enbiggan.

These are all the birds.


Flowers/Plants/Trees


Landscapes (and Seascapes)


Animals/Insects/Shells


Edibles


Miscellaneous


I've used 3 x 5 index cards for ICAD, ATC's, and 2 x 2's for Two Inches of Art, but these - at 1 1/8" - are the smallest substrate that I've created with.  I'm very happy with them.  Well, most of them.  There are a few that I would like to do over or do without, but not many.  My ideas were limited by the space and by the colors.  For instance, you don't see anything with snow or any white animals because even if I used a white gel pen, you wouldn't get the effect of the faux stitching that I was going for.  

If I were to pick a favorite category it would probably be the landscapes, with the birds a close second.  I don't think it would be possible to pick one singular tag as a favorite though.  There are too many that I really like.  

The project was started on January 31st and ended yesterday, May 10th.  Of course, there were no strict rules that you had to finish in 100 days.  Just as long as you created 100 somethings, the dates are flexible.  Truth be told, I did work ahead on many occasions for a couple of reasons.  First, having more than one idea and having the supplies out it didn't make sense to stop after one and come back the next day.  Second, I might have had something planned that took us away from home for a day or more, so I wanted to keep up.  What I did do for 100 consecutive days was to post my tag daily on Instagram.  That kept me motivated to have them done on time.  

And I'm sure you would like to ask the $64,000 question - "What are you going to do with them?"  Well, when I find the rings (they seem to have been temporarily misplaced) I will add them back to the tags and I thought about adding them to some sort of chain to make a garland I can use in my craft room.  My daughter's sister-in-law made a suggestion today to make some sort of lampshade and I was thinking that that could also be a possibility.  I have a lampshade frame that I bought at a garage sale a few years back that is waiting to be used.  We shall see.

I hope you enjoyed seeing these as much as I enjoyed making them.  Now for a couple of weeks respite from long-term projects before ICAD starts on June 1st.

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous job with lots of uses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations - what a great finish and what a fun collection of little artworks. You will enjoy revisiting them in the years to come I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful collection. I always admire your stickability with projects like this, and your ability to make time for them. The birds are my favourite, then the animals. You could definitely make some sort of lamp shade. I can see them working hanging from tiered hoops like a small chandelier.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.