Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Jingle Belles - Days of Old

Time for a little vintage Christmas for the Jingle Belles Challenge this week.  My vintage stash is slim pickins but I managed to find a few things to cobble together this week.

 

I found a vintage paper doily that I received in a surprise package from my blogging friend Dorrie a few years back.  Trying to figure out what size card to use it on was a bit of a challenge.  I went with a slimline style which should fit into a regular business-size envie.  The vintage Santa on the horse is a card that I had saved that is 3-D - Santa and the horse are popped up off the paper.  The lace ribbon has been in my stash for years along with the skinny velvet ribbon I made the bow with.  The lace ribbon was originally the edging for a plaid ribbon that I used years ago for some ornaments.  It was sewn on the edge and was easy to remove and of course, I couldn't bear to chuck it, so it went into the lace box.  

I'll be checking out the rest of the vintage-style cards after a bit of weeding.  The weeds are very prolific this year.  I don't know if I'll ever catch up!


7 comments:

  1. Love this....makes my vintage-loving heart go pitter patter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you fabulously combined the elements from your vintage stash ... the slimline card is the perfect size ... so very glad you joined our Vintage view at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a fabulous father xmas image and the embellishments ground him perfectly. definitely expanding my ideas of what can go on a slimline card bc i confess i would've gone square with the doily... but the narrow shape is SOOOO much more dynamic! (probably stealing this idea lol!!!!!) so pleased you could join our old fashioned JINGLE BELLES fun, you never cease to inspire!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! So glad you found a use for the doily. I love the card. It reminds me of the cards of my youth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I couldn't bear to chuck it...... my eternal problem.... so I am hoarding everything.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! It is so fun to reuse items like this!

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.