Sunday, December 6, 2020

25 Doors of Christmas 2020

Some time ago, I participated in a weekly challenge called Scribble Picnic facilitated by Michael McVean.  He and his wife Alexandra moved on to use Instagram as their platform of choice and last year around this time I tried to keep up with their 25 Doors of Christmas challenge for the month of December.  I didn't get very far with it then, but hope to do more of it this year.  Here you will see the first 5 days of doors.  I haven't put pencil to paper for a few months - the desire was there and it wasn't.  I think I've been in the art doldrums.  Hopefully, this will help get me out of them and back into using up these art supplies that I've been accumulating all these years.  I am continuing doing them in an off brand 5 x 7 sketch book with Prismacolor pencils.  Most of them have been inspired by doors/scenes I've seen on Pinterest with changes in details, colors, etc.  The last one with the cardinal is an original design.  









If you have an Instagram account you can check out the other daily entries by using #the25doorsofchristmas and can see other original artworks by Alexandra @alexandrasillos and Michael @itsrainingmarmalade.






3 comments:

  1. I have been having fun doing these too, love yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when you did this challenge before and I'm glad to see you're taking part again. As for being in the doldrums, that's where I've been for a past while too. Think it's because I finished the Christmas 'makings' way earlier than usual and now I can't seem to be motivated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first two are my standout favourites. #4 makes me think of gingerbread houses, because of the fun background. I like your cardinal with his house full of what we call bullseyes here. I can remember often choosing them when we walked to the sweetshop to buy 1/4lb with our pocket money. The tiles on the roof remind me of your Necco wafers.
    I think many of us can identify with the doldrums/ Schroedinger's cat behaviour of our mojo. I feel that the uncertainties this year has brought certainly affect our creativity, as well as mental and physical energy levels.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.