Wednesday, December 23, 2020

This from That and a Grandson Project

Back in April I found a free tutorial that took book page circles and made a 3-D creation.  I used pages from a discarded dictionary and with some circle punches punched out 16 circles of each size.


After folding them in half with a hard crease and then folding them again with a soft crease at the center point, I was able to layer them and make 16 segments.  Then the 16 segments were glued together in the round.  And then I had a paper urchin which sat on my table for months until I found a couple of boxes of wooden drapery rings that someone had given me which gave me an idea.  


I removed the eye screws from the wooden rings and HWNSNBP filled the holes with wood putty and sanded them for me.  Then I painted them white along with two 5/8" wooden beads per each ring.  I punched out a lot more of those circles and whilst watching/listening to Hallmark Christmas movies at night, folded all those suckers and glued them together.  

I punched a circle out of index paper and made sure there was a hole in the center before I glued the urchins to it - one on either side.  I found some suede leather cording that I had bought for another forgotten project and picked the light green to use on this project.  I strung the cording through the urchins and looped the ends through the beads gluing them in place.



I made 5 of them to hang from the light fixture in the dining room.



Another thing that we found during our clean out was a 2 1/2 foot unfinished wooden Christmas tree with a set of lights.  We thought it might be a good project to do with our 4-yr-old grandson.  I  prepainted the tree green and he decorated it dipping corks in paint to make ornaments.  Then we strung the lights through it.  






They grow up much too fast.


3 comments:

  1. That's a wonderful paper project and looks so pretty hung from your light. But the best is that little boy with his Christmas tree. That's the thing that memories are made of!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful 3D ornament! Grandson growing up too fast you are right!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is growing up so fast. But what a fun project to work on together, and have as a keepsake too. The paper ornaments look lovely.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.