Thursday, December 17, 2020

A Few More Christmas Cards to Share and Little Recycled Ornament

 

 

That was a picture of most of my Jingle Belles cards for this year.  I usually have a couple more that I forget about but are really needed to complete our mailing.  This year was no different.  I let HWNSNBP pick out who gets what card with just a little bit of help.  We know who likes certain colors, who get more religious cards, and who have kids.  He'll pick out the family cards first and go from there. Post It notes come in handy.  I make a post it for everyone on our list (easy to save from year-to-year) and he'll stick the notes to the cards.  Here are a few more that were absent from the picture.

I found some of these Outlines Stamps mandalas in my stash that just needed to be assembled for these.


On these I used the other lantern in the Reverse Confetti set that I had used for Thanksgiving.  I had a few different backgrounds to choose from.






These were inspired by our gingerbread house activity.   The house is Tutti Designs die cut and the little gingerbread person border is a Martha Stewart punch.  These, even though they look pretty simple, are a little labor intensive, but I love the way they came out with the embossed sentiment.


Full disclaimer on this one - it was a card front that I had made for a swap many, many years ago that I felt needed a new home.

 

I have found tons of greeting cards that we've received over the years during this purge we've been doing.  Looking at them again always brings back memories, but it was time for them to be recycled.  I save all the cards from my husband and kids and a few more that have special meaning.  And I do have a selection of cards that have images on them that I might use in one of my cards or journals.  

There was a card that had this little pompom fringe on it and another that had this little bow. I found this little scrap of wood that I rescued from HWNSNBP's scraps he was getting rid of.


I painted the wood white and found an eye screw from another cast off, glued the pompoms on and added the bow.


I trimmed the bow and it looks so sweet on the tree.  


Now, I've got to get these cards in the mail!







3 comments:

  1. What a cute little pom-pom tree! It looks good on your Christmas tree!
    Thank you for all your lovely comments on my blog - have fun painting your stars!
    Sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards and a sweet ornament!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to make all our cards and then stopped for a number of years. I find myself sneaking the odd one in once again so who knows maybe that will become the norm again. Make at least 25 ornaments every year for probably over 20 years and finally saw the light and stopped that too. Cards seem a little easier somehow.
    Merry Christmas - in whatever form it may take for you this year.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.