Sunday, November 8, 2020

October Birthday, Painted Leaves, and Slippers Anyone?

A card I did for a friend's October birthday using the outside circles from the Concord and 9th Painted Dots stamp.  The flowers are from Altenew's Hennah Elements.  The sentiment is from an SU set.  I liked the bold colors.   Had to grab a quick photo from my worktable - sorry about the lighting.


I found some oak leaves down by the mailbox that looked like leather and tried drawing on them with a white gel pen.  I do like the look of them.  I keep wanting to stop along the side of the road to find some of the red-hued ones, but it may be too late for that.  Although, oaks are usually the last to lose their leaves.  


So, do you think this is an indication that someone wants his own slippers?


Ahhhh, that's the life.  Snack, drink, and new slippers! (And of course, your favorite movie.)






3 comments:

  1. Such a cutie! love the leaves and it is a beautiful card too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice colourful card! I have that flower stamp set too! Love what you did to the leaves! I wonder if you can somehow preserve them?
    Very cute wee bloke in his (and yours!)slippers:-)
    Stay Well:-)
    Sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the leaves! Can you preserve them. They'd be beautiful. But I guess they might last some time anyway. I once had a frame my sister made me with an origami squirrel and some dried leaves, and it was a good number of years before the leaves dried out so much that they started to crumble.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.