Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Inktober 2020

Well, with the end of October came the end of Inktober.  This year I was going to do a daily drawing inspired by the prompts for the original "Inktober" but I found myself not wanting to try to come up with ideas for those prompts and opted to go with Inktober Tangles.  Specifically what was called the "Lunar Project".  

Did you know, of the 1600 craters of the moon only 31 of them are named for women?  We had two full moons within October's 31 days.  So instead of randomly drawing the selected tangles on a tile or in a sketchbook, this project began by taping together, on the back, 12 tiles in a square.  Then I drew a the largest circle that I could fit into it.  The circle represents the moon and the tangle Blind Membranart was used to draw in the craters.  I fit 25 craters on the surface of the moon and used the 4 corners and 2 of the sections of the circle frame to make up 31 spaces in all.  There was a list of 31 daily tangles.  I randomly numbers the spaces and began to fill in the craters as the month progressed.  I finished by adding color with my General's watercolor pencils.









Truth be told, I think that this looks more like a tray of Easter eggs than the moon.  But I do like the way it turned out.   Maybe I should have stuck with just black and white.

There are a few November challenges floating around that I was interested in but I'm not sure I'll get to any of them.  I really have to catch up with our Christmas cards and I've come across a few unfinished projects during our "household purge" that I would like to finish before the holidays.  

3 comments:

  1. The piece looks like an abstract, lovely. Interesting mood fact.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great post! I love your blog. Your content is very interesting < 3
    I am following you and invite you to me
    https://milentry-blog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It may not look like the moon, but it looks absolutely beautiful, and personally I love the colour. My favourite onf of all is the one in the top right of the bottom photo - it looks like colourful shells growing on a rock, something like mussels only much prettier.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.