Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Jingle Belles - It Came Upon a Midnight Clear

I had a jump start in my brain for this fortnight's Jingle Belles challenge because I was so behind on the last one and I got lucky that this fills the requirements for both.  Of course, last week it was creatures and I mentioned that I had a couple of ideas but only got to one.  This week we are to use a see-through element hence the "midnight clear" reference.  My clear elements are vellum for the second swan and a piece of transparency for the water (under the sparkling swirls).

 

Truth be told, my original idea was for one swan and the water was going to be clear embossed under those swirls, sans crown.  But when I saw this week's theme, I thought that if I find some vellum a second swan could be perfect with that.  The crowns were another aha.  The closest one is from shiny gold paper and the further one back is matt gold.  They are made from a piece cut from a punched snowflake.  I even colored some vellum green for the holly leaves - one peaks up between the two swans.  (Note to self - think about getting some colored vellum to add to my stash.)  
 
Here's another photo in different light to show the clear water a little better.  The moon is stamped from an SU set and I added the "stars" to the night sky with a glitter gel pen.  For the life of me, I could not tell whether that gel pen was silver or gold glitter, but it does appear more silver which is what I was going for.  


HWNSNBP caught a glimpse of the ingredients for this card when we took a Facetime call in the stamp cave from Rachel and said he wanted to see it when it is done.  Little does he know that it already had his name on it.

I have another creature card in mind that I might be able to add something see-through to, but for now I have to get back to my purging.  I am finding so much "stuff" that I still can use and a whole bunch of other stuff that I now know I'll never use.  This is both overwhelming and entertaining at the same time.

Please take a quick click here to check out the other wonderful creations at the Jingle Belles blog.  Stephanie and Lauren have again provided beautiful inspiration cards for us.  

6 comments:

  1. This is delightful! What a great idea for the water...AND the swans!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely and totally beautiful. Genius way of using that swirly wave die, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the vellum swan is fantastic ... and I love the swirly water ... love that joined our CLEAR-ly Christmas at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh WOW! this is a showstopper! i'm sure the original "critter" swan card would've been awesome, but you took it to the next level and beyond with the vellum and all of the other details that make the second swan lighter in value/perspective. and that's not even mentioning the water, which already would've made this a GREAT card. thank you for inspiring our "Midnight Clear" challenge at JINGLE BELLES! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.