Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Jingle Belles - Bring in the New

I've fallen behind again and I know it's basically because I returned to work last week and I still have a few more PT sessions which are taking up more of my once "free" recuperative time.  But I did manage to get some of my new things out to make a card for this challenge.

A very good Jingle Belle blogging friend gifted me some delicious MME Christmas paper - aren't those colors smashing - and I had this Memory Box die that had not been unwrapped yet. 


I glued the die cut to some Wild Wasabi cs and trimmed around the edges.  I recut some of the areas that had punch outs in both Cherry Cobbler (like the card base) and Baja Breeze (like I watercolored the bird) and then inlayed the punchouts.   On the snowflakes I added some glitter gel pen to make them a little sparkly.  I'm thinking the bird looks a little sad and I may need to replace him with a die cut one or at least to highlight his beak in some better way.  


I've got to get myself on a better schedule because I really want to keep up with one card a week.  Last year I fell behind and if I hadn't been home healing from my back surgery, December would have been a mess which is exactly what it's not supposed to be by doing this challenge.  So, with that in mind, I am going to do another card this week using some more "new" shtuff (you know I have more don't you!) and post it here, I just won't make the cut-off for the JB Blog, but that's okay too.

So, let's mosey on over there to see what other new things all the other ladies have accumulated!

1 comment:

  1. ooooooooooooh! ok, i'm LOVING this one for sure! the perfect use of those fun goodies-- those skinny skinny MB dies just totally blow my mind!!! thanks for "bringing in the new" with us so awesomely at JINGLE BELLES! <3

    ps: HOORAY for being well enough to go back to work! here's hoping 2015 is the best (& healthiest) year ever!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.